Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

As anyone else heared about this witness...of a man trying to walk off with a buggy?/The Sun

View previous topic View next topic Go down

As anyone else heared about this witness...of a man trying to walk off with a buggy?/The Sun

Post by clairesy on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:07 am

I posted the following witness report to cops because i aint ever heared of this before.It sounds really odd.Could have been something maybe??Only 1 week before madeleine went missing and at the apartments to.He was reported to have been meddling with the shutters and tried to walk off with a buggy!!

From VERONICA LORRAINE
and NEIL SYSON
in Praia da Luz

Published: 30 Nov 2007
COPS were told about a prowler seen near the holiday apartment where Madeleine McCann vanished – but did nothing, it emerged last night.

Private detectives hired by her parents Kate and Gerry will now quiz a British tourist about her crucial sighting of a “weird man” tampering with shutters.

Amanda Mills, 34, spotted the skulking figure a WEEK before Maddie, four, disappeared on May 3 in Praia da Luz, Portugal. The swarthy man appeared to be trying to break in through a bedroom window.

He also tried to wheel away a children’s buggy.

Essex mum-of-three Amanda said: “It was late at night. This guy came along, put his hands on a pushchair outside an apartment and tried to walk off with it.

“He ran off when I made a loud noise to let him know he was being watched. He seemed interested in the windows. He was looking at and through them.

“He set warning bells off in my mind. He was very weird, very dodgy.”

Two days after Maddie went missing, wedding planner Amanda told UK police, the British Embassy in Lisbon and hol complex bosses of her sighting. Seven months later she has yet to be interviewed by Portuguese cops.

She said: “I am astonished. I gave a full statement to Essex police. I know what I saw.”

McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said Amanda will be contacted by Spanish detective agency Metodo 3. They were hired by Kate and Gerry, both 39, as they became frustrated with police progress.

He added: “Amanda is at the top of Metodo 3’s list. This could be crucial.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/maddie/article527415.ece

I would love to know whats been going on with these reports recently. Some of the witnesses there around the time of Madeleine's abduction have given some chilling accounts of weirdos hanging around.IMO this whole investigation as been a complete flop from the start.It seams to me that Madeleine's abductor was spotted by many...but as the reports come flooding in ...they have been ignored.Why?

I feel terribly sorry for kate and gerry.And i feel really desperate for madeleine. Being in the hands of someone you don't know and being afraid..Cops should not be ignoring anything that shines even the slightest glimmer of hope on what happened to her that night.Everything should be checked out and ruled out.She is a child and a person with feelings and needs.They should be priority and not discarded when someone feels a report is 'out dated' or not importnant.

Given that portugal says its child abduction reports are very low...... I would say that a witness statement saying.....they saw a man trying to take pictures of a child..someone else says they seen a man trying shutters or walking off with a childs buggy would be of extreme relevance to this case??

surely they should be treating these claims with a matter of urgency? After all its very unusual for a kid to be taken there?Or so they say.

Last edited by Rosiepops on Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forum Revamp)
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: As anyone else heared about this witness...of a man trying to walk off with a buggy?/The Sun

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:31 am

Indeed Clairesy, the whole investigation undertaken by the disgraced ex detective and currently charged arguido facing trial, Goncalo Amaral, leaves so many questions hanging in the air. So many witness statements not followed up, let alone acted upon. I remember one of the neighbours reporting an intruder inside her appartment (possibly Pamela Fenn?) and that no force had been used to gain access, indicating that someone had a copy key or even possibly a master key. This crime was duly reported, but the local police did naff all about it..........sorry, they logged the incident and that was it. Then there was the prowler seen lurking outside of appartment 5a who claimed to be collecting for some orphanage when questioned by the holidaying occupants staying there at the time - and that was immediately prior to the McCann family taking up their holiday residence.

The list of errors and omissions in the investigation of this tragic case, whilst that bufoon of a detective was in charge, is endless. :x :x :x

flower

Back to top Go down

Hi China and Clairesy

Post by Rosie on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:12 pm

Well you both know what I think and feel.Something definitely not right here, in fact I would say that something is and was very very wrong with this investigation and had been wrong from the start!

• One year before Madeleine vanished an MW nanny reports seeing a man lurking in the bushes.
  • Pamela Fenn reports and intruder inside her flat (man apparently used key to gain access)
  • Pamela Fenn's niece sees suspicious man hanging around outside the McCann apartment.
  • Holiday Maker 1.. Reports seeing a suspicious man standing by a white van looking at apartment 5a
  • Holiday Maker 2.. Reports seeing a suspicious man standing by a white van looking at apartment 5a (on a different day)
  • Man reported lurking by the previous holiday makers in apartment 5a, in the week prior to the McCanns arriving for their holiday.
  • TWO DAYS PRIOR to Madeleine disappeared a man was seen who appeared to be trying to break in through a bedroom window. He also tried to wheel away a children’s buggy

These list of sightings of suspicious people, just grow and grow and apparently the UK police have no leave to question their counterparts about this investigation, or the way it was handled.

A British child has gone missing in Portugal and the UK government and the British police are bound and gagged by the Portuguese legal system and their police, for over a year?

Funny thing that I thought we were in the European Union and that one of the benefits of this was heralded to be better inter country cooperation and coordination in situations such as this?

• Just what exactly did Goncalo Amaral do?
  • How did he fill his "work" hours around his 3 hour lunch breaks?
  • I would want to know how many of these suspicious sightings were investigated, by whom they were investigated, who was spoken to and what was said.
  • Goncalo Amaral was given two different descriptions, by two different people, who saw a suspicious man and these descriptions strongly resembled each other
  • What did Amaral do to investigate this? Why did he not release the photo-fits?

This is just one example of how astonishingly badly this investigation was carried out, this whole case portrays police detective standards that are fundamentally flawed.
The whole investigation right from the very beginning, when Goncalo Amaral lead detective and supposed to be in charge, FAILED to attend the scene of a missing 4 year old little girl, raises question upon question of competence and a complete inability to do a detective job of work.

The whole investigation is littered with mistakes, laziness, sloppiness and a complete indifference to the suffering of a non Portuguese national abducted from her bed in Praia da Luz.

Questions need to be asked here and something needs to be done, if it isn't, we will be talking about another child missing in similar circumstances.

I am also keenly interested in the upcoming trial of ARGUIDO Goncalo Amaral in his criminal trial, where he is charged with concealing evidence of the alleged torture of the mother of another little child missing, Leonor Cipriano.

Leonor Cipriano was jailed on the most ridiculous and the flimsiest of evidence for the murder of her child, another little girl who went missing just 2 years previously to Madeleine, approximately 7 miles away from PDL. This is another little girl that has still to be found.

The chances of the disappearance of Joana Cipriano and Madeleine McCann being connected are high, so what did Goncalo Amaral do about this?

As he is heavily implicated in this sordid affair and was at the time that Madeleine disappeared, my very first thoughts on learning about missing Joana, was to wonder why Amaral was in charge? Why wasn't he suspended from ALL police duties while these allegations were investigated?

What has been done about all the accusations that a paedophile ring involving doctors, politicians, judiciary, celebrities and the Portuguese police has been operating on a similar basis to Casa Pia?

How far and how deeply was this investigated and what was found?

When are the Portuguese government going to grow a backbone and hold an open and public inquiry into the Policia Judiciaria and the Portuguese judicial service?

They could start with bringing Goncalo Amaral in for official questioning. It is long over due! (All in my opinion of course!)

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: As anyone else heared about this witness...of a man trying to walk off with a buggy?/The Sun

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:03 am

Here is an excerpt from the Portuguese Online Resident regarding the sighting by the three witnesses. I have posted the link at the bottom of the page:-

The first of the descriptions of a suspicious man, given by three different witnesses, was at 3pm on May 5 when a British tourist made a report to the police about a suspicious man seen in the area before Madeleine went missing.

A photofit of the suspicious
Two sketches of a suspicious man created by two different testimonies which were never released to the public by police.

man was created by the witness and is included in the files. He is shown as being between 25 and 30 years old with dark heavy eyebrows.

A second witness, a British resident not connected to the first, also gave a description of a suspicious man. The height and age of the man is different from the first photofit but the facial characteristics are very similar and he was in the area at the same time as the disappearance of Madeleine. The

report was made on May 5 at 1pm to police.

The third description of a man acting strangely in the area was given on May 6 by a Portuguese citizen. The drawing (not published by The Resident) created by the police is not as clear as the other two but looks very similar to the first report and is the same age and height as the man described by the British tourist the day before.

These descriptions were never revealed to the public and there is no evidence of further investigation into the potential suspect in the files in the preliminary stages of the case

http://www.portugalresident.com/portugalresident/showstory.asp?ID=28579

........................................................................................................

"THESE DESCRIPTIONS WERE NEVER REVEALED TO THE PUBLIC AND THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF FURTHER INVESTIGATION INTO THE POTENTIAL SUSPECT IN THE FILES IN THE PRELIMINARY STAGES OF THE CASE"

Why on earth gather valuable witness evidence and not release photo details to the public, especially so early on in the investigation, when the ability to jog memories was so crucial and could have led to further important leads?

No, instead, the pj started the smear campaign against Kate and Gerry and their holiday companions and chose to file independent witness statements about these suspicious sightings.

What a bunch of :joker: that investigative team was, led by the biggest :joker: of all, Amaral.

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:25 am

These descriptions were never revealed to the public and there is no evidence of further investigation into the potential suspect in the files in the preliminary stages of the case

Just what the hell have the PJ been doing? They get vital information like this, 3 different individuals reporting descriptions that are similar with each others and the

• The PJ DO NOT release the description tot he public
  • Don't bother to follow this up
  • Just blame the parents

What kind of police force is the PJ exactly? Or is it this one man that is pulling them down into the mire? I just hope Karma is around when this particular person goes into court.

I believe there has been a dreadful miscarriage of justice here.

The man is a clown. :clown: :pig:

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 am

Rosiepops wrote:

Just what the hell have the PJ been doing? They get vital information like this, 3 different individuals reporting descriptions that are similar with each others and the

• The PJ DO NOT release the description tot he public
  • Don't bother to follow this up
  • Just blame the parents

What kind of police force is the PJ exactly? Or is it this one man that is pulling them down into the mire? I just hope Karma is around when this particular person goes into court.

I believe there has been a dreadful miscarriage of justice here.

The man is a clown. :clown: :pig:

It also begs the question 'what else was hidden/buried in the file' that should have been followed up?

I do believe that a handful of officers, are, indeed, pulling the integrity of their fellow/former colleagues and the institution they once represented to an all time low. Amaral and Christavao are at the helm of same imo. Of course the outcome of two high profile missing childrens' cases, conveniently resulted in them profiting from the publishing of their subsequent books, which in addition to being intended as a personal cash cow for the authors, also imo were intended to influence public opinion in to believing that the crap written therein, represented the truth.

Charged Arguido Amaral and his cohorts have done more damage to the reputation of Portugal and their precious tourist industry than they could ever have imagined. I do think they thought they could sweep a great deal of their negligent acts and omissions under the carpet and thereafter stitch up the parents of dear Madeleine - afterall, they had gotten away with it once, so they probably thought they could repeat the process, but were instead, made a laughing stock and I hope they get their day of judgement sooner rather than later and hopefully in this life and not the next.

flower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top