Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Sir Paul Stephenson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sir Paul Stephenson

Post by jean on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:05 am

I heard the disturbing news tonight of the resignation of Sir Paul Stephenson, Metropolitan Police Commissioner. I sincerely hope that this doen't mean the scrapping of the review into Madeleine's disappearance. I hope that it has started and cannot be cancelled no matter who takes his place.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Sir Paul Stephenson

Post by dianeh on Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Jean, I dont know the setup over there, but how does the Metropolitan police commissioner have control over Scotland Yard?

His resignation was because of impropriety over the NOTW hacking scandal, actually if I understood correctly, lack of control over his police force in regards to the hacking scandal and his association with one of the previous sub editors of the NOTW. If it is more than that it will come out at some stage.

I also hope that the new police commissioner does not skunk the review. It may not be very clever to do so, as it would mean throwing away the money already spent without any completion or conclusion. This would politically be very bad.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jean on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:24 am

Hi Diane - The Metropolitan Police Commissioner is the head of Scotland Yard, and he is the one who, along with David Cameron and Theresa May, the Home Secretary, instigated the new search of the Madeleine files. So, it is imperative that the person who takes his place agrees with his thinking in this, otherwise it will be scrapped. I think that, because of this phone hacking everything is in the air, and nothing is certain. Sir Paul Stevenson was an excellent policeman and it is a bad day that he has had to resign because of some very bad apples in his force.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Thanks for that. I suppose that I equate this with our AFP (Australian Federal Police) who are a Federal force and therefore not under the control of any of our police commissioners, who are at a state level. But of course, the setup is completely different, and Scotland Yard must still be part of the police force, whereas the AFP is not.

Lets hope that the replacement (which I hear wont be the previous second in command, as he has resigned as well) continues on with the review.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Worries me too....everything crossed that they don't decided to reverse the decision....
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top