Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Laura's Helping Hand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Laura's Helping Hand

Post by jean on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:44 am

Laura, five, steps out to support Madeleine's Fund

Charlotte Cox
June 23, 2011

A little girl has been so touched by the story of missing Madeleine McCann that she's on a solo mission to help find her.

It began when Laura Keay, five, saw her mum reading the book, Madeleine, Kate McCann's story of the family's ordeal after her three-year-old daughter disappeared on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

Laura's mum Caroline Dumville, 45, said: "She saw the picture of Madeleine on the front and asked me what it was all about so I explained.

"In the picture she's a similar age to Laura so it really hit home.

"She was very upset. She immediately emptied her piggy-bank and asked me to send the money to help Madeleine."

Then Laura, who lives with her mum and dad Andrew, 49, and sister Isla, three, wondered how she could raise more money.

"I suggested she do a sponsored walk and try to find people to sponsor her," added Caroline, who runs Primrose Cottage Nursery.

"It's quite thoughtful for someone that age to be bothered. I suppose I relate too, because I have two young girls and if something like that happened it would be a nightmare."

So Laura will walk, with her mum, around The Carrs on Sunday, June 26.

Laura said: "I want to help Madeleine.

"I want to find her. It's very sad but if I help they will pay for more policemen, because they're all giving up."

All the money which Laura raises will be sent to the charity Madeleine's Fund: Leaving No Stone Unturned, the only organisation still actively searching for the McCanns' daughter.

Laura plans to write to Madeleine's parents when she sends her sponsorship money.

To sponsor Laura call 07770 897678.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Laura's Helping Hand

Post by dianeh on Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:59 pm

That is lovely. What a lovely caring little girl.

My daughter (6) is waiting for Madleine to come home. She knows Madeleine is missing but she thinks Madeleine is lost. She has known about Madeleine since she was little, and just accepts it that she sees pictures of Madeleine around. Usually she asks when she sees a picture "Has Madeleine been found yet?".

When my daughter was smaller she thought Madeleine was her friend and when she was found, we would go to her house to play.

Laura is a sweet caring little girl. I wish her all the best.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Well done Laura, keep up the good work.

Well done jean. Thank you jean, for writing this here. I agree with you dianeh.

The more caring people like Laura the better.
applause

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top