Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Mulleena on Sun May 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Kate McCann is not publishing a book to find fame, she's raising funds to continue the search for her daughter

Barbara Ellen
The Observer, Sunday 8 May 2011
Article history

My stomach lurched when I saw that Kate McCann had written a book about her daughter's disappearance, entitled Madeleine and serialised in the Sun. Not because I thought she shouldn't have written it but because I could sense them coming – "them" being the professional haters, the abusive, gloating chorus, who have denounced, castigated and accused the McCanns, online and off, ever since that night in May 2007 when Madeleine McCann disappeared from Praia da Luz, Portugal. If Kate McCann's book was coming out, so surely would they?

At the time of writing, there was only the first Sun extract to look at. It featured the night Madeleine went missing and Kate's recurring visions of Madeleine being tortured and murdered by paedophiles, the latter so all-consuming, Kate writes, that she wanted "to rip her own skin off".

All proceeds from the book will go towards finding Madeleine, which seems logical. How else are the McCanns supposed to raise money for their international campaign – holding a few car boot sales? Clearly the McCanns have made peace with the fact that the last thing they want to think about is the thing people are most likely to pay to hear, see or read about. I'd imagine producing that book was pure torment, but it had to be done. Why then the roar of hostility and censure that accompanies pretty much every move the McCanns make?

It is high time the McCann haters pushed off. I am all for free speech but they've had their say and, raking through innumerable online "wailing walls", most of what they've said is repetitive rubbish. Here are some examples: "The McCanns shouldn't have left their children alone while they ate in a restaurant 100 yards away." Obviously, and the McCanns have expressed regret over their mistake many times.

"A chavvy single mother who'd let her kid be abducted wouldn't have had all this sympathy." In truth, public and media alike tied themselves into PC knots not to appear "prejudiced" towards Karen Matthews when Shannon went "missing". In the end, it was one of Matthews's "chavvy" mates who had the guts to confront her about her lies.

"There is firm evidence that the McCanns killed Madeleine and then concealed the body." No, there isn't. Don't the people who spout such nonsense have anything better to do, such as musing on grassy knolls or looking for Elvis in the supermarket? Hey, Bin Laden may still be alive – get your conspiracy-hungry teeth into that!

Then there is the mindset that the McCanns are "asking for it" because they keep placing themselves in the public eye – as if they have a choice. They don't exactly seem the types to want to appear in newspapers or on television. One can't imagine them having fun with Ant and Dec, or rustling up a double-baked souffle on MasterChef. Now, though, they are stuck in the zone of "reluctant celebrity", forced to keep hankering for attention.

This is the McCanns' special circle of hell – they are off the current news agenda but for them the story isn't over. They are not natural exhibitionists but circumstances dictate that they must keep coming out and "performing". Superficial generational differences aside, they remind me of Winnie Johnson, now terminally ill but still cropping up in the media, begging Ian Brady to tell her where her son, Keith Bennett, is buried on the moors. If anyone feels sympathy for Mrs Johnson, they should feel the same for the McCanns.

No one could deny that, in the past four years, the McCanns have been judged thoroughly. With this book, there is an opportunity for this mood, this element, to pass and for the haters to back off. It seems clear that, far from self-justifying, or attention-seeking, this book is what it has always been about for the McCanns – a practical solution to fundraising.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Pillorying the McCanns is the vilest sport of all

Post by Mulleena on Sun May 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Thanks to Bluj for finding above article, I wasnt sure where to post it so apologies if its in the wrong forum.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Sun May 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks for posting the article Mulleena. I've long been convinced that the people who pillorise The McCanns are rotten to the core. May they burn in hell.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena on Sun May 08, 2011 11:16 pm

No prizes for guessing which professional haters are spamming the comments section of the above article tonobricks

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Mon May 09, 2011 12:49 am

Hopefully,they will now realise that what they doing is not only wrong and futile it is inherently cruel and that they have been totally wrong to blame these parents, it is time they backed off and they know it too.

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Mon May 09, 2011 1:33 am

I agree with you my friends.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5566
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Mon May 09, 2011 1:40 am

My friends, this was taken from PFA2:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/08/kate-mccann-ed-miliband-cheryl-cole

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5566
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mulleena on Mon May 09, 2011 1:56 am

I really think after all the articles in this weekends papers with more to come next week, that bennett and his foundation is well and truly finished!!

And strangely enough going by his remarkable absence this weekend I think he knows this as well.

Mulleena
Learner
Learner

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Excellent article, I particularly like this bit.

It is high time the McCann haters pushed off.

dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary on Mon May 09, 2011 8:25 pm

The book was no.1 on bestsellers on Amazon yesterday. Great article.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary on Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 pm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/rss.xml
I don΄t know if my reply in comments is shown.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary on Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 pm

PS Scroll down for the Madeleine article and the report of the restaurant booking - my apologies if this is already up.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top