Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Algarve vigil shows support for Madeleine

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sat May 07, 2011 10:51 am

My friends, this was taken from Algarve Resident newspaper:

http://www.algarveresident.com/story.asp?XID=41486

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5572
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel on Tue May 10, 2011 11:10 pm

Updated: 06-May-2011

By DAISY SAMPSON daisy.sampson@theresidentgroup.com

A vigil was held at the church in Praia da Luz on May 3 to mark the fourth anniversary of the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from the town.

The half hour event on Tuesday evening was well attended by Portuguese and foreign residents along with visitors to the town who also came to support the continued search for Madeleine McCann.

A message from Kate McCann was sent and read by Susan Hubbard at the service.

Father Haynes Hubbard, told the Algarve Resident: “The service for Madeleine was extremely well attended and the number of people who came to pray for the safe return of Madeleine exceeded all of our expectations.

“Local residents of all nationalities and also a fair number of tourists joined us in the service where the message was very clear – this was not a memorial, Madeleine is still missing.”

He added: “While it may have been a long time since Madeleine first went missing, the case of her disappearance is not old news for her mummy and daddy and to all of the people who continue to look for her.”

During the service the congregation was “challenged” not to give up the search for Madeleine and to pray for all missing children.

“There is still no reason to believe that Madeleine will not be found, the search will continue,” he said.

After the vigil, candles were lit and placed outside the church as a symbol of light and hope in the search for Madeleine McCann.

No members of the McCann family were present at the vigil as Kate and Gerry McCann were marking the anniversary at their home in Rothley, Leicestershire.

Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: “The anniversary is normally a very low-key occasion at home for them.”
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Algarve vigil shows support for Madeleine

Post by Rosie on Wed May 11, 2011 7:36 pm

It just shows that the majority of Portuguese people are good, decent, kind and honest and believe Madeleine's parents and just want this mite found. it is heartwarming to see all these people had not forgotten, I hope it gave Kate and Gerry some comfort to know this.

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Yes it was a nice affair....so much for the Antis saying PDL has no time for the McCanns.
The vigil held last night in PDL's little Church ....much smaller inside than it looks from the outside. Was well attended...I'm thinking 50 -60 peeps. Portuguese and Brit. Lovely moving tribute ending in candle light. Each person was given a small candle wrapped in a litle yellow or green ribbon.When asked peeps went to the front and lit their candle, sat down and the lights were put out...lovely.

On leaving we put the candles on the walls surrounding the Church. Surprisingly emotional ..

There was 50 -60 people there. Very moving !

(sorry I thought I'd already put it in when I got back)
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Sat May 14, 2011 11:07 am

Cat

You were there? Such a sad occasion, but wonderful that people showed their support.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sat May 14, 2011 11:53 am

I agree with you my friends.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5572
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Sun May 15, 2011 1:37 am

dianeh wrote:Cat

You were there? Such a sad occasion, but wonderful that people showed their support.
Yes hadn't planned to be just that I had in the afternoon, delivered some Prayer Cards in Portuguese....saw the poster and felt drawn to go. It was very moving and good to see that normal people PT and Brits still cared.
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top