Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

twin girls abducted by their father

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

twin girls abducted by their father

Post by Pedro Silva on Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:05 am

http://diariodigital.sapo.pt/news.asp?section_id=10&id_news=492756

Monday, February 7, 2011 | 09:52

Interpol launches alert search for missing twins

Interpol, the international information clearinghouse that assists in the cooperation of police officers from different countries, issued a search alert for two twin Swiss six years, disappeared after being abducted by their father, who committed suicide afterwards.
Alessia Schepp and Livia were reported missing on Sunday, January 30. Their father, Matthias Schepp, a Swiss citizen born in Canada, had taken the girls in the house of their mother, who was separated on 29 January.

After leaving the house in St. Sulpice, Switzerland, he would have traveled to France and then to Italy, where he threw himself at the train line on Friday.

The warning was distributed to 188 countries that belong to the organization. The warning is the type known as a yellow alert, which circulates in the Interpol missing persons cases, particularly children.

A similar warning was issued by Interpol in the case of the disappearance of young Madeleine McCann McCann, who was last seen in Portugal in May 2007.

Helicopters, dogs and volunteers are working on search operations for the twins.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bbc.co.uk/portuguese/noticias/2011/02/110207_gemeas_interpol_bg.shtml

Interpol launches alert search for missing twins after father's suicide

Alessia's / Livia´s father committed suicide after pick them up for a weekend
Interpol, the international information clearinghouse that assists in the cooperation of police officers from different countries, issued a search alert for Swiss twins six years, disappeared after being abducted by their father, who killed himself days later.

Alessia Schepp and Livia were reported missing on Sunday, Jan. 30. Their father, Matthias Schepp, a Swiss citizen born in Canada, had taken the girls in the house of their mother, who was separated, on January 29.

After leaving the house in St. Sulpice, Switzerland, he would have traveled to France and then to Italy, where he threw himself under a train on Friday.

The warning was distributed to 188 countries that belong to the organization. The warning is the type known as a yellow alert, which circulates in the Interpol missing persons cases, particularly children.

A similar warning was issued by Interpol in the case of the disappearance of young Madeleine McCann McCann, who was last seen in Portugal in May 2007.

Helicopters, police dogs and volunteers are working in the search for mates.

Letter:

On Monday, January 31, Schepp sent a letter to his wife in the city of Marseille in France, saying he was desperate and could not live without it, but without mentioning the daughters, according to reports from Italian news agency Ansa.

Schepp wrote to his wife saying he could not live without his wife.
According to information from the Italian newspaper La Repubblica, between Monday and Tuesday he had withdrawn 7,500 euros in five different ATMs in Marseille. When he died, there were about 100 euros in your wallet.

The police is studying the possibility that he used the money to pay someone to care for children.

Schepp's body was found on railroad tracks near the town of Cerignola, in Puglia, Italy. His car was near the site.

Researchers say they do not know if Schepp took his daughters with him on his trips to France and Italy.

Volunteers and police Swiss, French and Italians perform searches in the Puglia region, digging wells and water tanks, and a wide area is also being overflown by helicopters.

On Saturday, residents of St. Sulpice, where the twins were taken, held a march through the city to support the family.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.jn.pt/PaginaInicial/Mundo/Interior.aspx?content_id=1777754

http://www.dn.pt/inicio/globo/interior.aspx?content_id=1777301&seccao=Europa

http://sol.sapo.pt/inicio/Internacional/Interior.aspx?content_id=11036

http://noticias.terra.com.br/mundo/noticias/0,,OI4931896-EI8142,00-Policia+da+Italia+procura+por+gemeas+suicas+de+anos.html

http://www.jornalagora.com.br/site/content/noticias/detalhe.php?e=4&n=7351

http://www.estadao.com.br/noticias/internacional,italia-suica-e-franca-buscam-gemeas-desaparecidas,675953,0.htm

http://www.abola.pt/mundos/ver.aspx?id=246054
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------To see the photos of these twins, please, see other links here.

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 am; edited 2 times in total

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5572
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: twin girls abducted by their father

Post by dianeh on Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:55 pm

I hope that they are safe and will be found soon.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Hope so too .......
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

I dont have good vibes about this case though.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:45 pm

Via LL on PFA.........Girls were seen on a Ferry..

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/02/09/switzerland.missing.girls/index.html

Hope he hasn't ended their little lives.. walkinghomecrying
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:10 pm

This is so sad, hopefully he has handed the children over to someone to look after, but this does not sound good,I feel if he had done that then the person caring for the girls would have come forward by now, still there is no accounting what people may do. I just hope this has as happy ending as possible. I wish people would not take it out on children.

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:51 pm

I agree with you Catkins, Rosie.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Still no news? Their mother must be going out of her mind, no matter what, no one on earth deserves anything like this happening to them. When a break-up comes out of the blue for one partner, I do wish more attention and consideration would be given to that person, their whole existence to be is suddenly thrust under the microscope and the balance of their mind totally disturbed, there is not telling what they may do, we have seen this time and time again. The children must be considered first and foremost and their safety placed above everything and everyone else's and if that means taking the children away for a short while from the person going through such mental trauma then this is what must happen.
Poor little girls, while there is no news there is still hope, perhaps he has handed them over to a relative who refuses to hand them back? I just hope he has not left them alone somewhere, is there any news about how the police are dealing with this case?

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 am

Rosie wrote:Still no news? Their mother must be going out of her mind, no matter what, no one on earth deserves anything like this happening to them. When a break-up comes out of the blue for one partner, I do wish more attention and consideration would be given to that person, their whole existence to be is suddenly thrust under the microscope and the balance of their mind totally disturbed, there is not telling what they may do, we have seen this time and time again. The children must be considered first and foremost and their safety placed above everything and everyone else's and if that means taking the children away for a short while from the person going through such mental trauma then this is what must happen.
Poor little girls, while there is no news there is still hope, perhaps he has handed them over to a relative who refuses to hand them back? I just hope he has not left them alone somewhere, is there any news about how the police are dealing with this case?

Not looking too good at the moment....

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 1:55 PM on 11th February 2011

Angelic: Alessia (left) and Livia (right) were bright, multilingual girls, their family said. They have been missing since their father committed suicide

The father of the missing Swiss twins wrote a letter to his estranged wife saying he had killed them and intended to kill himself, Swiss police said today

Matthias Kaspar Schepp wrote in a February 3rd letter from Italy that six-year-olds Alessia and Livia were dead and he would now kill himself - his body was found later that day.

Police say Schepp threw himself under a train in the southern Italian city of Cerignola. His letter did not say when or where he killed his children.

'The father declared he had killed his two daughters and he was in Cerignola where he was going to kill himself,' said police spokesman Jean-Christophe Sauterel.

He added that Schepp said the twins were 'resting in peace' and 'did not suffer.'

Investigators in Switzerland, France and Italy were today continuing their search for the girls, focusing on the French island of Corsica, where Schepp took the girls by overnight ferry from Marseille, France, arriving on February 1.

French police have now established that Schepp left Corsica - alone - by taking a ferry from Bastia back to Toulon on the French mainland later on February 1, Swiss police said.

Schepp, 43, had used his work computer to trawl the Internet for information on firearms, poisons and suicide.

The girls were reported missing by their mother January 30, when her husband didn't return them.

Roberto Mestichelli, a cousin of Irina Lucidi, the twins' mother, said the family was devastated.

Hopes fading: Police believe Swiss twins Livia and Alessia were killed by their father Matthias Schepp after discovering a letter from the man

Heartbroken: Irina Lucidi, Schepp's estranged wife, sits next to her brother as she makes a desperate appeal for witnesses

'There was never a thread of hope. There is no hope,' he said of finding the girls alive, speaking to The Associated Press from his home in Ascoli Piceno, in Italy.

Swiss police said Friday that Schepp sent eight letters postmarked from Bari, Italy to his wife. Seven contained €4,400 in €50 notes.

Italian police also found two more envelopes containing €1,500 that Schepp tried to send his wife but deposited them in unused mailboxes.

French newspaper Le Parisien said Schepp's deadly plan was also contained in a will he left in his home in Saint-Sulpice, an affluent lakefront community within Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss police said he wrote the will on January 27.

Swiss news agency SDA carried a statement today from Schepp's family saying he must have suffered a breakdown.

The family in Ettingen, Switzerland, near Basel, described Schepp as a loving and caring father whose family meant everything to him.

'We are united in the certainty that our son and brother could only have committed such terrible acts if he suffered a serious emotional breakdown,' the family said.

The body of the girls' father Matthias Kaspar Schepp, 43, was found near a railway station in Cerignola, Italy, last week

Crime scene? The ferry cabin used by Schepp and the two girls as they crossed from Marseille to Corsica

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1355964/Missing-Swiss-twins-killed-father-suicide-police-believe.html#ixzz1DfOJExgK

[/quote]
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:43 pm

walkinghomecrying
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:33 pm

tissues

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:51 am

Mother of missing Swiss 6-year-old twins in Corsica to take part in search

By The Associated Press (CP) – 1 hour ago

The mother of the twin Swiss 6-year-old girls who disappeared two weeks ago is in the French Mediterranean island of Corsica to assist with the search for her daughters.

Irina Lucidi has appealed for tips from anyone who might have seen the twins, who went missing Jan. 30.

Speaking to journalists at a brief news conference in the Corsican capital Ajaccio, on Sunday, Lucidi said she'd taken part in investigators' helicopter fly overs of the island. She didn't provide any additional details.

Hope of finding the girls alive is fading after a letter from their father turned up declaring he'd killed them. The father, Matthias Kaspar Schepp, killed himself in Italy after taking the twins to Corsica. He left the island alone.

Link http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5iFHNPyECwI9ZrGtmayQIjm4crfVQ?docId=5939990[/quote]
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:01 am

Mystery woman seen with missing Swiss twins being investigated by police

February 13th, 2011 12:58 am ET

On Saturday French police were investigating reports that a mystery woman was seen with two missing Swiss twin girls and their father before he committed suicide.

Matthias Schepp, 43, reportedly took the girls from their St. Sulpice, Switzerland home on Jan. 28. Police say he had studied suicide methods, poisons, information regarding firearms, and ferry schedules before taking his 6-year-old daughters with him.

Olga Orneck, who lives in the port town of Propriano told police that the twins, their father and the woman attracted her attention as she bought a newspaper on the morning of Feb. 1.

“I noticed them because Propriano is a small village where strangers are spotted immediately especially at this time of year,” Orneck said.

She noted that both twins were wearing pink sweat suits and heavy coats, while one was wearing glasses and a pink and white hat. The girls were also eating some sort of pastry, Orneck said.

“The woman was aged 45-50 with brown hair and was wearing a black three-quarter-length coat and white trousers,” said Orneck of the mystery female. “She wasn’t from Propriano or I’d have recognized her.”

She said Schepp and the woman were eating croissants and talking as if they were very familiar with one another.

Orneck contacted police when they appealed to the public for information regarding the twins following the suicide of Schepp, who threw himself under a train in southern Italy on Feb. 3.

The twins’ mother, Irina Lucidi still has hope that her children will be found alive, telling the Italian news agency ANSA, “I am destroyed, desperate, but I must continue to be strong. I will do everything necessary to find Livia and Alessia or at least to discover the truth.”

Lucidi’s family have said that Schepp suffered from a “split personality,” according to AFP.

On Tuesday, Police obtained a letter written by Schepp that was addressed to his estranged wife, which claimed “he killed the two girls, saying he was in Cerignola where he was about to kill himself,” according to police spokesperson Jean-Christophe Sauterel. In the letter, Schepp said “You will not see them again.”

Schepp wrote that Alessia and Livia did “did not suffer and died in peace.”

Police continue to search for the girls, despite Schepp's letter.

Link http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/mystery-woman-seen-with-missing-swiss-twins-being-investigated-by-police#ixzz1DwRFrfWh
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:36 am

I have to be honest, I don´t believe in Schepp´s letter. And, I´ll you why I don´t believe in his letter, because of this:

1) Mystery woman seen with missing Swiss twins being investigated by police.

2) The girls were also eating some sort of pastry.

3) Schepp and the woman were eating croissants and talking as if they were very familiar with one another.

4) Lucidi’s family have said that Schepp suffered from a “split personality."

5) The twins’ mother, Irina Lucidi still has hope that her children will be found alive.

6) What police should do is to look for two alive twin girls.

In my opinion, this is not the kind of behaviour of someone with disgusting plans. I think he sold his daughters to a family who desperately wanted two twin girls to raise as their own daughters, which I think explains why Schepp took the amount of money from his account. Of course this is only my opinion, this what I think. I´m not an expert, so, let´s hope I´m right.

I wonder: if he commited suicide, perhaps it was because the family which he sold the twins, forbiddeen him of seeing them, or with remorse by the fact of sold the twins (because of his split personality) he couldn´t handle with that fact, and knowing that the police with the true twins mother will looking for the twins, with only a matter of time to police put the hands on him, he committed suicide.

Last edited by Pedro Silva on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:12 am

Italian bar owner says he saw missing Swiss twins

Associated Press

2011-02-09 07:08 PM

Police in southern Italy are interviewing a coffee shop owner who reported seeing a man and his two daughters _ perhaps the missing Swiss twins _ last week before the father apparently committed suicide.

If confirmed, the report places 6-year-olds Alessia and Livia in Italy for the first time since they were reported missing from their home in Lausanne, Switzerland on Jan. 30.

Police say Mattias Kaspar Schepp, the father, took them to Marseille, France, where they boarded a ferry to Corsica, and then went on to Naples, Italy.

Oriana Scelsi, owner of the "Fiore" bar in Cerignola, said Wednesday the father came in asking for a bathroom for one of his daughters.

Schepp's body was found Feb. 3 in Cerignola. Police say he threw himself under a train.

Link http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_content.php?id=1509751&lang=eng_news
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 am

Zavvi my friend, one more reason to aid my opinion.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:45 am

Pedro Silva wrote:Zavvi my friend, one more reason to aid my opinion.

Its all so mystifying Pedro and to think this man could cause such heartbreak to his family. He was a suicidal schizophrenic his own family have confirmed, it begs the question as to whether he should have been allowed to be alone with the children, albeit his own, without supervision. Especially when you think of all the checks people have to go through in this country before they can be involved with children.

Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:01 am

Yes Zavvi, I agree with you my friend.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 am

Mother of missing Swiss girls raise question of accomplice

15/02/2011

The mother of missing Swiss twins on Tuesday raised the possibility that the father of the girls had picked up an accomplice on his journey through France.

"We are asking ourselves if Matthias Schepp had picked up an accomplice at the airport in Lyon," Irina Lucidi told Swiss online newspaper 20 minuten.

Swiss police confirmed that Schepp was in the region of Lyon on the evening of January 30 as his mobile phone signal was picked up then.

Police spokesman Jean-Christophe Sauterel would not confirm that Schepp travelled to the airport, but noted that the mobile "relay antenna is in the region of Lyon and covers the sector in the direction of the airport."

French police were checking on Saturday a report of a mystery woman who was seen with Schepp and the six-year-old twins in the French island of Corsica.

Olga Orneck, a resident of the small ferry port of Propriano, told AFP that the woman was "aged 45-50 with brown hair and was wearing a black three-quarter-length coat and white trousers."

"She wasn't from Propriano or I'd have recognised her," she added.

Meanwhile a resident at Macinaggio said that he saw a blonde woman sitting in Schepp's car while the twins' father was driving.

20 minuten however quoted Lucidi saying that she has "never met a woman who fits this description."

Quoting sources close to the family, the newspaper also reported that police have retrieved a voice recorder belonging to Schepp, although it added that the recorder did not contain any important elements regarding the girls' fate.

Police in Italy, France and Switzerland have been hunting for the two girls after Schepp failed to return them to their mother on January 30.

It later emerged that Schepp confessed in a letter sent to his estranged wife to killing six-year-old Alessia and Livia before he threw himself under a train in Italy.

Investigators have focused their search on Corsica over the past few days after witnesses came forward to say they had seen Schepp and the two girls there on February 1.

According to the police inquiry, Schepp allegedly left Corsica on the same day, alone, aboard a ferry to mainland France from where he drove to southern Italy, where he committed suicide.

Linkhttp://www.expatica.com/ch/news/swiss-news/mother-of-missing-swiss-girls-raise-question-of-accomplice_130273.html
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:46 pm

walkinghomecrying really hope he has given them to someone and not killed them.
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Catkins wrote: walkinghomecrying really hope he has given them to someone and not killed them.

Me too Cat....
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:29 am

Missing twins: Police search a second car (update 2)

Correction: father’s tape recorder not yet found

Geneva and Lausanne, Switzerland (GenevaLunch) - The search for missing twins Alessia and Livia continues on the ground in Corsica, but Swiss, French and Italian police have issued an alert for anyone who may have had or seen a black car, probably similar to the Audi A6 driven by the girls’ father, Matthias Schepp, on Corsica in February.

Swiss, French and Italian police met in Marseille Wednesday 16 February to compare notes. They say there is now a good probability that a second car was involved in Corsica:

“Based on the testimony of several witnesses who have come forward to French police and the gendarmerie in Corsica, it now appears likely that another vehicle, a large car, probably a station wagon, dark in colour and with Swiss license plates, was driven in Corsica in early February 2011. This vehicle resembled the Audi A6 station wagon driven by the father of the twins. Anyone who was in Corsica during this time and who had a vehicle corresponding to that of the twins’ father is asked to get in contact with Canton Vaud Police or French police.”

Swiss media 20 Minuten reported early Wednesday that the father’s tape recorder, rarely out of his sight, had been found, but according to police commissioner Jean-Christophe Sauterel in Lausanne, the machine has not yet been found.

“Some 20 police officers, including those directing the investigations and representatives from Interpol, took part in the operational meeting organized by the Inter-regional office of the justice police (Direction interrégionale de la police judiciaire) in Marseille Wednesday 16 February 2011.

The investigators, working closely with Swiss and French public prosecutors, formalized the daily exchanges they have had for the past 15 days.

They also assessed the operations carried out and those which are still in the planning stages.

Italian police announced that they have found fragments of the GPS navigation system on the railroad tracks, 150 metres from the area of impact. The tape recorder belonging to the father of the twins has not, for now, been found.”

Press conferences took place in all three countries where the investigation continues, with police saying that they are not excluding any options, including the possibility that a third party was involved, possibly from Lyons, where the father’s cell phone was last picked up.

Italian police say no trace of dead bodies found on father’s car

The Italian mobile police chief, Alfonso Fabbrocini, speaking in Foggia, says that the mud and vegetation found on Matthias Schepp’s car, parked near the train tracks where he committed suicide, are being analyzed. The one “comforting” point, he says, is that no trace of dead bodies was found on the car.

Police continue to investigate the family and Matthieu Schepp’s work environment to provide details that might be of use to French police.

The two Swiss Public Safety investigators remain in Corsica where they are taking part in investigations and searches for the twins, working with French police.

Vaud police have issued this alert: “Anyone who can provide any information about the presence in Corsica of another dark vehicle with Swiss licence plates is asked to contact the police commissariat or the nearest police station, or to telephone the Swiss hotline +41 21 644 82 31 or the French numéro vert +33 8 05 01 07 07.

Link http://genevalunch.com/blog/2011/02/16/missing-twins-police-search-a-second-car-update-2/
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:20 am

This only proves that Schepp´s letter is not reliable. About accomplice, yes, perhaps that accomplice received the twins from him. Police must continue to look for alive twins.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Twins feared dead 'may never have left Switzerland'

Swiss police now say the missing 6-year-old twins might never have left Switzerland at all – throwing the entire investigation into doubt – and French investigators say they could even be alive.

10:23PM GMT 16 Feb 2011

After spending weeks searching for the girls, Swiss police and the public prosecutor's office for the canton (state) of Vaud said on Wednesday there is no way of telling whether any witnesses actually saw Matthias Kaspar Schepp whisk away his daughters from Lausanne to Marseilles, France, and then to the French island of Corsica and possibly to Italy.

"Anything is possible now," Vaud police spokesman Jean-Christophe Sauterel told The Associated Press on Wednesday night. "We can't rule anything out."

The surprise turn of events came as authorities held news conferences in Marseilles and later in Lausanne. Investigators say they have been unable to confirm any of the alleged witness sightings of the girls since they were seen playing at 1pm. Jan. 30 with a neighbour's child in their hometown of Saint-Suplice.

n Corsica, where Schepp was thought to have brought the girls. He later committed suicide in Italy on Feb. 3, police said.

Swiss police said investigators were now looking for a large, dark station wagon with Swiss license plates that was similar to the one driven by Schepp. Sauterel told AP that witnesses had reported seeing the Audi A6 in different places in Corsica at exactly the same time.

Sauterel and Eric Cottier, the public prosecutor for Vaud, told reporters the implications of that include the possibility the girls never left Lausanne.

They said Italian police had found fragments of the GPS navigation system from Schepp's Audi on the railroad tracks not far from where he threw himself in front of the train in Cerignola, Italy.

The GPS was too damaged to retrieve any data from it, and Sauterel said it seemed Schepp had removed the GPS and tried to deliberately destroy it.

Hope of finding the twins alive has faded since last week, when a letter from their father surfaced, saying he had killed them but leaving no other clues. Schepp committed suicide the same day he mailed the letter from Italy.

Investigators in France, Italy and Switzerland have been trying to trace the father's path after he left his home near Lake Geneva on Jan. 30. He then travelled to southern France, Corsica and Italy – either with or without his daughters.

Investigators from the three countries huddled in the southern French city of Marseilles on Wednesday to coordinate efforts. They said no possibilities had been ruled out, including that the girls are still alive.

"The inquiry is still very active," Marseilles Prosecutor Jacques Dallest told reporters.

Link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/switzerland/8329608/Twins-feared-dead-may-never-have-left-Switzerland.html
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Investigation of missing Swiss twins upended originally published: February 16, 2011 2:47 PM

Updated: February 16, 2011 5:10 PM

By The Associated Press JOHN HEILPRIN (Associated Press)

QUICK READInvestigators: Witness sightings of Swiss twins in France not confirmed

AP) — Swiss police now say the missing 6-year-old twins might never have left Switzerland at all — throwing the entire investigation into doubt — and French investigators say they could even be alive.

Link http://www.newsday.com/news/world/investigation-of-missing-swiss-twins-upended-1.2691528

Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top