Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

The truth about THAT poll.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The truth about THAT poll.

Post by vee8 on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:14 am

bennett seems fond of quoting a certain poll, that claims that 'fully 80%' of the public think the McCann's are lying.

Well, unless there is another one somewhere, this seems to be it.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/resultstoplines.pdf


Now, I may be wrong, but I only see three questions, more about the press sympathy or lack of. I cannot see ANY question about lying. Can you? So, what logical assumption should we make?
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by Pedro Silva on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:34 am

Vee my friend, I agree with you, this poll only proves that TB is a liar and that he is in the realm of sick fantasies.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by Catkins on Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:05 am

V EE.........I tried to post your reply from PFA on Chaos ...he hasn't put it up, he might later though I suppose.
avatar
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by Catkins on Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Its there now..........
avatar
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by AlexG on Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:51 am

.


Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by vee8 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:03 am

AlexG wrote:Criminal investigators and forensic people are thought to be very careful with statistics.
Let's suppose a crime of a kidnapping where there are 90% of chances of the kidnapper to be a drug-dealer wanting some trade off, 9% chances of being a crime with sexual motivation and 1% of been other factors.
If you are investigating that crime you shouldn't say "oh, I'm sure this is a drug-related kidnapping" because there are still chances for the crime to be non-drug related. It can even be a crime related to custody and it will end up on the 1% statistic scenario.
Same applies to pools.
Madeleine crime have indeed happened. She went missing. No one knows for sure what did indeed happened to her. There are many theories and thoughts but there aren't any certain.
Even if "public thinks the McCanns are lying" that doesn't make them liars, that just shows what the public think and what the public think might or might not be true.
The issue is, it's just absurd to argue over pools and statistics because even if there are a small chance for a thing to happen, as long the chance is present it can happen.
There are very small chances for me to win the lottery, but there are people who win the lottery. So at a forensic standpoint it's not feasible to discard a scenario on a crime based on statistics or on what other people think.
If I buy one lottery, does my chances of winning it will change if all people on a pool state that they think that I will never win ?

THAT, my friend, is a VERY good way of putting it.
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by Peaceful1 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:54 am

Agree totally.
Yes people may 'think' the McCanns are lying but it doesn't prove they are lying.
avatar
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by Pedro Silva on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:36 pm

WE know exactly who the liar is: the one who failed to solve this case, who preferred to write books of lies, to gain disgusting money at the expenses of inocents, who he betrayed, at the expenses of child, also betrayed by him.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by Peaceful1 on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:58 am

Correct Pedro.
Who also fed the newspapers stories to sway the public into believing the McCanns were guilty of something!
avatar
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The truth about THAT poll.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum