Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Interview with Robert Murat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interview with Robert Murat

Post by jean on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 am

Robert Murat continues to receive death threats and has lost the sense of life, 05 March 2010

Robert Murat continues to receive death threats and has lost the sense of life Público

His life has been "shattered". He wanted to help, he alleges, but ended up as an arguido. Now he tries to find a direction. But that night in 2007 continues to persecute him.

by Idálio Revez
05 March 2010
Thanks to Astro for translation

Robert Murat, three years after Maddie's disappearance, in Praia da Luz, still has his life "shattered" because he was "at the wrong place, at the wrong time".

The first suspect of being involved in the child's disappearance was this English man, aged 36, for whom being made arguido earned him a condemnation from public opinion that he never freed himself from. In an interview to Público, the first one that he gives to a member of the media since the English child's disappearance, leaves a question in the air that robs him of his sleep until this day: "Three of the McCanns' friends were at the PJ, saying that they had seen me there, that night [May 3, 2007]. What I ask is why did they lie?".

"I have a daughter, too", says Robert Murat, remembering Sofia, aged seven, who lives in England with her mother. "My family was a victim, too – the journalists invaded the area where they live, and the British police had to take my daughter to a safe place." His ex-wife, he says, "even received an offer of 220 thousand euros to give an interview saying that I was a paedophile". She did not give in. Robert Murat, in defence of his honour and his reputation, had 13 members of the British media sued. He received a significant compensation, but he does not reveal the amount.

Despite the pressures and the money offers for him to speak – he was offered over 300 thousand euros to allow himself being filmed and to speak about the Maddie case -, he shut up. Now, after the book 'The Truth of The Lie', by Gonçalo Amaral, the coordinator of this case investigation, saw its sale being forbidden under orders from the Lisbon Civil Court, and after the British newspapers returned to the issue by publishing images that the Portuguese police allegedly neglected, he decided to speak to Público.

Since he saw himself involved in this process, Robert Murat has been searching for a direction to give to his life. "I have been through horrible situations. Just recently, I have received a letter with a death threat, written in English, sent from France." When this case broke out, he was about to start a real estate business on the internet, "but everything was deactivated".

Meanwhile, he married an Anglo-Portuguese woman, went to the USA, on a honeymoon, late last year, but did not go unnoticed: "Here, I feel the discomfort of seeing people pointing at me, but over there I was recognised, as well."

Which is not strange. The appeals to find Madeleine McCann continue and the parents are still convinced that their daughter is alive. Therefore, they have criticised the investigation that was carried out by the Portuguese authorities, because they dropped the abduction theory. From Morocco to the United States, passing through Spain and Holland, hundreds of pieces of information passed on to the PJ, reporting children that allegedly resembled Maddie. News about several appearances of Maddie went around the world and a reward of 2.5 million euros was offered to anyone who could supply information.

From witness to arguido

Robert Murat accuses the media of having "fabricated" news, pursuing audiences. "They didn't care about the truth." "I have people I know at the BBC who told me: "Shut up, because they are going to turn this all around"". His lawyer, Francisco Pagarete, gave him the same advice. "That is the main reason why I haven't talked until now, but it was very hard."

His life and that of his relatives – a brother and a sister, who live in England - "has been rummaged and filled with lies". In the summer three years ago, Praia da Luz became a battlefield between the world's main television networks, fighting for ratings. "There was great pressure from the English media, forcing the Portuguese police to present a face," says Robert Murat, lamenting his luck: "I wanted to help, I ended up being pointed out as a suspect".

This Englishman, who went to school in Portugal, says: "I have always enjoyed helping people, it's who I am". In England, where he lived for 15 years and worked as a car salesman, he also cooperated with the British authorities. "I worked as a translator, for the police and at the court."

When the child disappeared in Praia da Luz, on the 3rd of May, 2007, he had returned to Portugal two days earlier, to launch the Romigen business. He took part in the searches and, together with his mother, was one of the persons who mobilised the local community to find the little girl.

11 days later, he entered the Polícia Judiciária building in Portimão as a witness, and left as an arguido. Concerning the questioning session that he was subject to, he recalls: "It reminded me of a KGB movie, I felt they were trying to set me up". Nevertheless, he recognises that the PJ "suffered a lot of pressure to find a guilty person". He, an English citizen who first played the role of a translator for the GNR, then for the PJ itself, "at their request", was the one who best fit the news that were being published: "I was the scapegoat," he emphasizes. The English media, he evokes, "were already saying that there would be developments before I was made an arguido". A British journalist said that Robert Murat had a "strange" behaviour and denounced him to the Judiciária.

He and his mother, a nurse, aged 73, were two of the persons who were at the front line of the solidarity campaign that developed around the McCann couple. At the GNR's side, or independently, many people took part in the successive searches, in the surroundings of Lagos, looking for Maddie. But that effort was not recognised, he accuses. "There is one thing which, in a way, displeases me – to those people who were involved in the searches, nobody said thank you". Who does he think should have said thank you? "That has nothing to do with me, but I think someone should have said thank you."

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Interview with Robert Murat

Post by Rosie on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 am

"There is one thing which, in a way, displeases me – to those people who were involved in the searches, nobody said thank you". Who does he think should have said thank you? "That has nothing to do with me, but I think someone should have said thank you."

Murat obviously hasn't listened to Kate and Gerry McCann, I have heard them several times thanking all the people of Praia da Luz for their support, what a strange thing to say anyway? Their child had been abducted (as if he didn't know) and he is worrying about getting a thank you? What does he want a medal? Perhaps Murat should have a word with his "buddy" Amaral, after all he was the person in charge and anyway, I thought Murat said he was NOT present at the searches that night? He needs to make his mind up!

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by jean on Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:42 am

The article says he married an Anglo-Portuguese woman - I read previously that he had married Malinka (?) his 'German' girlfriend, wife of the pool attendant, on the beach in Praia da Luz??

I also noticed that he said that he took part in the searches! Let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and presume he meant the next day, although various people, along with the group of friends, said they saw him on the night.

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by rosemary on Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:31 pm

He wants a thankyou.......hmmm.....clever stuff Murat, still playing the innocent victim. "Poor hard done by me, lost the will to live now.... "
Well funny ain t it how people still don´t trust you......their gut instincts are telling them something Robert Murat.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:23 pm

I agree with you Rosiepops.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Hmmm.didn't look to distraught when I saw him...getting into his flashy new car !
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:06 am

Cat, apparently he looked very happy, what did he look like to you? Happy until he saw that GNR trailing him? I wonder why they still insist in following him everywhere?

I have not forgotten what Eyes For Lies says about Robert Murat.

I have no idea what Murat is about, but I do know that there are plenty of weird happenings concerning him.

Even the PJ think he was outside apartment 5a on the night Madeleine disappeared. If he was this would prove absolutely nothing, a lot of people were outside that apartment (everyone except Goncalo Amaral, he preferred to stay drinking with his mates). I would not have thought Murat's presence outside the apartment as suspicious, he lived close by, a child goes missing, why on earth would he not be outside? It is all these people that swear they saw him there and he says he wasn't there, that makes me wonder.

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:29 am

He thinks his life has been shattered? He should try walking in Kate and Gerry's shoes for a day!
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:27 pm

I agree with you May.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:34 am

Rosiepops wrote:Cat, apparently he looked very happy, what did he look like to you? Happy until he saw that GNR trailing him? I wonder why they still insist in following him everywhere?

I have not forgotten what Eyes For Lies says about Robert Murat.

I have no idea what Murat is about, but I do know that there are plenty of weird happenings concerning him.

Even the PJ think he was outside apartment 5a on the night Madeleine disappeared. If he was this would prove absolutely nothing, a lot of people were outside that apartment (everyone except Goncalo Amaral, he preferred to stay drinking with his mates). I would not have thought Murat's presence outside the apartment as suspicious, he lived close by, a child goes missing, why on earth would he not be outside? It is all these people that swear they saw him there and he says he wasn't there, that makes me wonder.
Whether the smirk on his face was the usual one....or because he knew he was being followed I don't know. He 100% did not seem concerned.
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:42 am

You want a Thank You?
For what? Being a human being? Doing your duty as a fellow human and helping out people in great distress, because you have skills they could not possibly have?
I am so sick of people doing the decent thing, the right thing, and wanting a big pat on the back.
Get a grip, Murat.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:12 am

Bluj

I agree with every word you wrote.

Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:13 am

If Murat received death threats, has he reported them to the PJ and have they been investigated?

Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:00 am

Bluj.....100 percent right!
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:17 am

Now, after the book 'The Truth of The Lie', by Gonçalo Amaral, the coordinator of this case investigation, saw its sale being forbidden under orders from the Lisbon Civil Court, and after the British newspapers returned to the issue by publishing images that the Portuguese police allegedly neglected, he decided to speak to Público.

Im sorry but I dont see what one has to do with the other. Is he saying that the PJ failed miserably, so he feels justified to speak, or that Amaral needs his support now that has book is banned.

Also, I notice that he only talks about the media, not about any action against Tanner or anyone else.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Diane

He's pleading the 5th!

Because he brought a criminal action it is governed by the secrecy law again, Murat makes some very good use of Portugal's secrecy law doesn't he? Saved him again!

Last edited by Rosiepops on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:24 am

the mans a liar always as been, always will be.Hes spoke the same sh/t about past accusation that were m adeagainst him..and his mum as been right there to back him up each and everytime.

Considering hes so against the pj right now(the way he is making out they made him a scape goat etc ) he weren't so bl@@dy worried when he was wandering around with them smoking fags and chilling on the roadside chattering instead of searching.
And while we are o the subject of searching....he said he wasn't there searching??he stated he was no where near the oc club that night.
So why does he say in the report back there that he was only trying to help with the search??I think someone as a problem with remember the facts here.You have to have a good memory to be a liar and he clearly hasn't.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 am

Rosiepops wrote:Hi Diane

He's pleading the 5th!

Because he brought a criminal action it is governed by the secrecy law again, Murat makes some very good use of Portugal's sececy law doesn't he? Saved him again!

It's worse than the 5th, you can only plead the 5th Amendment in order to not implicate yourself under relatively controlled circumstances.
In Portugal you can place a criminal charge that you've brought personally into total darkness.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:51 am

I agree with our friend Rosiepops, if Murat is / was receiving threats, tell PJ.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot on Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:05 am

Pedro Silva wrote:I agree with our friend Rosiepops, if Murat is / was receiving threats, tell PJ.

Not much use if he was likely receiving threats From The PJ. He knows more about them than we do.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top