Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

"Ignored" evidence may lead to reopening of case.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Ignored" evidence may lead to reopening of case.

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:43 am

Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: "Ignored" evidence may lead to reopening of case.

Post by Rosie on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:34 am

"Ignored" evidence may lead to re-opening of Madeleine case
Updated: 11-Feb-2010

Special Report by CHRIS GRAEME at Lisbon Civil Court

chris.graeme@theresidentgroup.com

Lawyers acting on behalf of Kate and Gerry McCann and Gonçalo Amaral admitted in Lisbon on Wednesday (February 10) that evidence ignored by police investigators could pave the way for the Madeleine Case to be reopened.

The lawyers were speaking outside the Lisbon Civil Court, Tribunal Civel de Lisboa, on the last day of an injunction case which the McCanns hope will permanently ban publication of Madeleine – the Secret of the Lie, the book which purports that the three-year-old toddler died in a tragic accident in their holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007, and that the parents tried to conceal the body.

Isabel Duarte, representing the McCanns, who were in Lisbon at the hearing, said that there was “evidence that could compromise the Polícia Judiciária investigation” in Portimão and pave the way for “the reopening of the Madeleine Case”.

The firebrand lawyer, who caused a sensation in the highly-charged court room in her passionate summing up deliberations by using emotive words against the book, the author, its publishers and a television channel, such as vultures, crows and vampires attracted to the “smell of fresh meat” said that she had attempted to show that the PJ had “undervalued successive sightings of a child” which the British police had given credence too.

“What I saw was various relevant pieces of information, photographs, some of them shocking, similar to the girl, places and car number plates,” she said, which the McCanns had not been called in to identify, but which could show that a girl like Madeleine could have been in Spain or Italy.

When pressed further, Isabel Duarte said that Inspector Ricardo Paiva, the Chief Investigator in the case after Gonçalo Amaral’s removal for allegedly criticising British police, “had been reported as having received sightings of Madeleine” but then later, in court, changed his story.

“What I heard, and this is taped (in court), is that Inspector Paiva said he believed the girl was dead and so, straight off, that means no one is going to investigate a girl that’s alive, don’t you think?” she said.

Isabel Duarte said that French, Spanish and British investigators had confirmed that the leads “were promising” but that the Portuguese investigators “didn’t take them seriously and follow them up”.

In a statement outside the court house, Gerry McCann said that the couple would be delighted if the case were reopened.

“We have no problem with that but what we need is real investigation not dismissal,” he said as both issued a fresh plea for the Portuguese to come forward with any information about Madeleine.

Difficult

Kate McCann said that listening to the allegations had been difficult but that nothing could be as bad as losing her daughter.

In the fourth day of what has proved a sensational and media-driven case, two last witnesses were called in defence of Gonçalo Amaral, Eduardo Damaso, Editor-in-Chief of daily Portuguese tabloid Correio da Manhã, and Luís Frões, the General Managing Director of Valentim Carvalho Films, the company that produced the TVI documentary based on the thesis put forward by Gonçalo Amaral in his book.

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 pm

I hope the anti McCann camp are taking notes of this ignored evidence!
The case needs reopening yes. This time with professionals in charge.
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:28 pm

It's in today's Mirror too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/2010/02/12/madeleine-mccann-cops-ignored-possible-sightings-of-missing-girl-115875-22036608/

Madeleine McCann cops ignored possible sightings of missing girl

Portuguese police ignored hundreds of leads in the search for Madeleine McCann including a dramatic cluster of possible sightings.

The McCanns’ lawyer Isabel Duarte yesterday confirmed detectives kept a secret dossier of evidence that was never investigated.

It included photos “shockingly similar” to Madeleine, as well as details of suspect vehicle and properties.

The most significant lead involved a series of reported sightings within a week in the same area of northern Italy.

But Ms Duarte said the information was shelved as it was received after the case was closed in July 2008.

She now plans to hand a copy to private investigators so they can follow the leads.

Ms Duarte added: “I’m angry because it is the police who should be doing this.”

A spokesman for Kate and Gerry McCann said: “They were shocked at what was in it and what little had been done to
follow any of it up.”
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Yes the case should be immediately reopen, based only in these new evidences discovered by Isabel Duarte, under proper, reliable investigation team: Scotland Yard with PI´s team together, and without amaral and paiva, with PJ not in charge but under heavy surveillance / guidance.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:49 pm

I am sorry but if i was in that court room i would be spitting some vile at that useless piece of gonc. I am really upset and annoyed that they have taken all this info and failed to investigate it.
Yes we knew they had ignored info,but this is disgusting.How can they ignore this little girl?How can they carry on regardless knowing there are sightings of her,sightings that are shockingly like Madeleine have been ignored WHY??for god sake.

I am not a nasty person,but this sort of thing brings out the worst in me.. i hope that gonc goes through a similar experience to what the mccanns go through.I hope one day he to as to face the heart ache and pain they have felt without Madeleine(and i don't mean by his child coming to harm).WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND YOU FAT USELESS GREASY NO GOOD FOR NOTHING PIECE OF SH/T.I HOPE YOU CHOKE TO DEATH ON YOUR NEXT BOTTLE .

That is a child for god sake,a tiny little child who as been snatched from her family and instead of trying to find her he sits on his fat drunken lazy arss and does NOTHING,absolutely NOTHING.
If there is any justice in this world he will get his comeuppance.

Please god help them find this little girl.I found it very difficult to understand how Madeleine's abductors could hide her so well for all this time with the whole world looking for her so much.Seems they havent hidden her so well...seems to me they have been allowed by the fat lazy b@astard to keep her.Im fuming,really annoyed and i want to see him banged up and brought to justice.He as technically aided and abetted the abduction of Madeleine,he as ignored sightings and after seeing pictures that are SHOCKINGLY like Madeleine he as sat and done nothing.To me that is a criminal offense,he may just as well took her himself.He is after all letting the abdcutors get away with an abduction and therefore should be jailed and punished the very same way.

If i was in charge here i would bring that fat useless man into a room and beat the sh/t out of him like he does with others until he is on the floor begging for mercy,id make sure he talked and done his frigging job properly let me tell you,then id bang him up in jail and leave him there to die like an unwanted piece of garbage he is.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:11 pm

It has been stated by Tavares de Almeida something that we all already knew :'they' (PJ) don't like it when an investigation doesn't lead to a charge. Therefore, it was NEVER Madeleine the objective of this team, it was to get a charge. Because very early in time they understood that they would/could not get the cullprit, they turned fiercely to the parents.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:39 pm

We will not allow PJ off the hook, PJ, Amaral, Paiva has a lot to answer for their "mistakes". They have a lot to answer about the way all this crap investigation was conducted by them.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:02 pm

Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:52 am

maria wrote:It has been stated by Tavares de Almeida something that we all already knew :'they' (PJ) don't like it when an investigation doesn't lead to a charge. Therefore, it was NEVER Madeleine the objective of this team, it was to get a charge. Because very early in time they understood that they would/could not get the cullprit, they turned fiercely to the parents.

As we long suspected.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Yup, just like they did with the Joanna case.
Only this time, they bit of more they could chew with the McCanns.
Nothing would make them go away, no amount of attacks by amaral and his gang of anti's, no tony bennett, butler, brens of the world, laffins, jill haverns..not one could make them crumble.
Because finding Madeleine is above all that and that's what the anti's and the amarals of the world dont get!!
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top