Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

What's gonzo up to?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What's gonzo up to?

Post by vee8 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:59 am

Madeleine: Gonçalo Amaral Defends the Re-Opening of the Case

The ex- inspector of the PJ Gonçalo Amaral today defended the re-opening of the case into the disappearance of the English girl, Madeleine McCann in 2007 from the Algarve, as he heard that there are “hundreds of inquiries to be made”.

Gonçalo Amaral, who today attended the final allegations of the judgement on the prohibition of selling his book «Maddie - A Verdade da Mentira», observed that the case “was badly archived” leaving Kate and Gerry McCann implicated in involvement in the disappearance of their daughter.
“I feel legitimised to request the re-opening”, he said, upon leaving the Palace of Justice after the last audience in the suit brought by the parents of Madeleine, which has the main action of reclaiming the protection of rights and freedom on the part of the English family.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: What's gonzo up to?

Post by maria on Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:44 am

I don't know, Vee, I was upstairs but it seems that after his lawyers vomit statement, he left the court room to give a press conference at the court building entrance. I couldn't see much of that on the eight and ten o'clock news on RTP, because Sandra Felgueiras changed the tone of her reports (I wonder why...), and the only thing I've seen of Amaral was him 'threatning' to ask to be constituted as assistant. Don't know if he can request the reopening, which I very much doubt, but could be.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:16 pm

If the case is re-opened and some real evidence found, I doubt that it is going to be to Amaral's liking.

My BS radar is going like crazy here. My theory is that Amaral knows the case will not be re-opened so is trying to bignote himself by saying it should be. And if by chance it is opened, and he has offered his 'assistance', which of course would be refused, he can then try to paint himself as wanting to help but not being allowed to, as he worries just what re-opening the inquiry will show.

He has the least to gain by the case being resolved, because it will prove once and for all that Madeleine was abducted. Making him look like big fat liar and either corrupt or incompetent, to the people of Portugal.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 pm

Maria, it doesnt matter if he can or cannot request the re-opening of the case, and he has no more say in it than you do. He did it only for publicity, to try to garner support, or more appropriately popularity. He probably never expected the McCanns to want the case re-opened, as it does rather make it appear foolish to suspect them if they are instrumental in getting the investigation restarted.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

I agree, Gonçalo Amaral is trying to garner popularity. I agree with Dianeh.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 pm

Sorry, Diane and Pedro, I disagree. If the process is reopened, he will ask to be constituted as prosecution assistant. And he may well be granted that, afteral he has been the inspector-coordinator, he has some 'interest' in the case. Unlike me, I do not have any links to the investigation, I'm not even a witness.

Remember, the Lawyers Order was constituted prosecution assistant in Leonor's appeal, because human rights were at stake.

He is not seeking attention, he is making veiled threats. Not saying that he is not worried though, but still counting on his influence over the judicial agents down in Algarve.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:05 am

Bravo Maria
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 am

maria wrote:...
He is not seeking attention, he is making veiled threats. Not saying that he is not worried though, but still counting on his influence over the judicial agents down in Algarve.

Would anybody in their right mind allow him to become an assistant?
After the way he's handled the investigation, the way he's misinterpreted the DNA, the way he's talking about the dogs (as if they are GOD themselves), the way he's made money out of it, his conviction, the other trial, the way he's threatened people, a man who doesn't even have the decency to pay his debts?

If anything like that happens, Maria, I fear for the future of your lovely country.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:42 am

maria wrote:Sorry, Diane and Pedro, I disagree. If the process is reopened, he will ask to be constituted as prosecution assistant. And he may well be granted that, afteral he has been the inspector-coordinator, he has some 'interest' in the case. Unlike me, I do not have any links to the investigation, I'm not even a witness.

Remember, the Lawyers Order was constituted prosecution assistant in Leonor's appeal, because human rights were at stake.

Oh that's terrible. Thanks for the insight, Maria.
I can't understand how he could be given access. He was thrown off the case!
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:46 am

He'll likely be in jail, or bumped off, silenced, by one of his criminal associates before that happens.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:11 am

vee8 wrote:He'll likely be in jail, or bumped off, silenced, by one of his criminal associates before that happens.

We can only hope.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:58 am

Maria,

So can someone who has been convicted of lying or covering up a crime, or whatever it is he was convicted of (and yes I know it is still on appeal), be allowed work as a consultant on a criminal investigation.

I know in this country, he wouldnt be considered, even without the conviction.

Can you imagine the uproar if he was put on the case, then later has his conviction upheld, or loses the torture case against Leandro, or loses the libel case. No, IMO, he would not be considered as a consultant until all legal actions against him are over. Anything else leaves the PJ open to allegations of cronyism and corruption.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:02 am

Just want to add, that IMO, Amaral is playing politics, and as Maria says trying to influence people. This is very dangerous, and can backfire in big ways, particularly if one eventually gets convicted of a serious crime. Friends will only help so long as their own butts are not on the line, and supporting a criminal is not something a judge or prosecutor wants to be known for. This makes it very dangerous for people to support him until after ALL his court cases are over and done with.

Just adding, that I am so glad Maria is here to give us her view. It is interesting (shocking actually) to hear that Amaral may be considered as an assistant/consultant. He obviously thinks he can be asked to do it. But I just cant see him with the support he seems to think he has, because honestly, if he gets convicted of anything else, it raises questions over any that support him. But Maria has more insight into this than I do, given that it is her own culture, and in many ways very different from the Australian culture.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jackf on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:17 pm

I am dumbstruck, what hope has poor Madeleine got of being found if Amaral is involved again.

Maria, would the Portimao PJ also be in charge if it was reopened ?

jackf
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:16 pm

So can someone who has been convicted of lying or covering up a crime, or whatever it is he was convicted of (and yes I know it is still on appeal), be allowed work as a consultant on a criminal investigation

This is a misunderstanding, in face of the law, Amaral is NOT(yet...) a criminal, even less a convicted one. His trial is waiting for the appeal. Then there will be another appeal no matter the outcome, Leonor may and probably will appeal (Supreme Court) and even to the Constitutional, but this last one I don't know if it counts or even if this specific process can go up to them. Only then he will be a convicted criminal, only after all the appeals. (I know you know Diane...)

But when it comes to justice, what you know is of no interest, and so it should be, I guess. Right to good name and presumption of innocence...

But what is interesting is that he is talking about constituting himself as assistant for the prosecution, at a point where the prossecution said that there were no evidences of which crime was commited and the new evidences only point to Madeleine search. So, reopening the process at this point, what type of assistance can he give the prosecutor? And why didn't he do that in first place? He could have required that long long ago. Why didn't he? Again, only if he is betting on the influence he may have over the judicial system down there in Portimão, can't see any other reason. This, if he really means it, he may also be betting on any legal reason that could be invoke to prevent him and then he could blame the 'justice system', a subject currently a hit on the news, side by side with the freedom of expression...
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:17 am

There are an awful lot of things that Amaral thought wouldn't happen, and then did.

Yes, I could see him trying to influence an investigation or a reopening. It could depend on how much dirt he has got on his ex colleagues, or how much they hope to cover up. He won't have been the only corrupt one of that bunch. Too many familiar names keep on coming up.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:00 pm

Maria

My questioning about a convicted criminal being an assistant on a case was raised because even though I know he is not considered convicted yet, it is likely at some point he will be. I would suggest that if such a thing happened, then the PJ would look positively corruption riddled if they allowed him on the case, and he were eventually convicted. Politically, I just cant see them taking such a risk.

And you last paragraph is totally correct. Amaral has nothing to contribute, and he never offered his services before (would have been refused anyway). So his offer is not about wanting to help, but has either a political or publicity (or both) motive.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Amaral knew jolly well that there would be a call for the case to be reopened. Especially after what has come out in court. He is just covering his back.

They won't let him anywhere near it. Except to question him about how he knew what was going on after he was removed. If he gets called in to answer questions, he will spin it as "Helping".

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:41 pm

There is no way that Amaral can be let loose again on this case, after all he has a vested interest in Madeleine not being found, he has declared her dead and that is what he will try to prove.
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: