Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Lighting up the sky with lanterns

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lighting up the sky with lanterns

Post by Pedro Silva on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:23 am

Lighting up the sky with lanterns at Formby FC for Madeleine McCann - 1000 days after she went missing.

Madeleine McCann remembered at Formby FC.

Tomorrow will be another landmark day in the search for Madeleine McCann - another chance of raise awareness and keep the missing girl in people´s thoughs.

Madeleine will now be six.

1000 lanterns will be released at locations across the UK by friends and supporters of the McCanns tomorrow at 7.30pm.

Among the locations will be Rothley, at Merseyside, Formby FC on Altcar Road, Formby, where 250 lanterns will light up the Merseyside sky.

A club official says the gates will be open at 7pm and parking will be available at and around the ground.

"The message is for people not to give up on Madeleine", says Mrs. McCann´s mum.

Madeleine´s name continues to be mentioned each and every week during the "children´s service" which takes place at 10 am on Sunday at Our Lady of the Annunciation, Bishop Eton, in Woolton Road, Childwall.

Meanwhile, on her website www.findmadeleine.com under the heading "Why we continue", Kate and Gerry stress:

"There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed".

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5572
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Lighting up the sky with lanterns

Post by vee8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:48 am

Lighting up the sky with lanterns at Formby Football Club for Madeleine McCann - 1,000 days after she went missing
Jan 26 2010 by Paddy Shennan, Liverpool Echo

TOMORROW will be another landmark day in the search for Madeleine McCann – another chance to raise awareness and keep the missing girl in people’s thoughts.
It will be 1,000 days since the then three-year-old – she will now be six – disappeared while on holiday in Portugal with her parents, Kate and Gerry, and her brother and sister, twins S*** and A*****.
Millions of words have been written and so much seems to have happened since May 3, 2007 – but, in essence, nothing has happened and nothing has changed.
Madeleine McCann went missing on that date – and she’s still missing.
To mark that cold, cruel fact, 1,000 lanterns will be released at locations across the UK by friends, family and supporters of the McCanns at 7.30pm tomorrow.
Among the locations will be Rothley in Leicestershire, where Kate and Gerry live, and, here in Merseyside, Formby Football Club on Altcar Road, Formby, where 250 lanterns will light up the Merseyside sky.
A club official says the gates will be open by 7pm and parking will be available at and around the ground.
Kate’s mum and dad, Susan and Brian Healy, live in Allerton, and Susan reveals: “We were going to use Mossley Hill Athletics Club, but are not able to because lanterns can be a problem if they are released close to the airport.
“The nearest alternatives were Formby and St Helens and Kate has also got friends in Formby so we decided to do it there.”
While Kate and Gerry will be hosting a dinner in London tomorrow evening to raise funds for the ongoing search for their daughter, Susan and Brian will be in Formby – although those Merseysiders unable to get there are being invited to show their support and solidarity in their own homes.
“The message is for people not to give up on Madeleine,” says Susan.
“It’s sad that it’s a school day and that many children from this area won’t be able to get to Formby, but people can mark the 1,000 days in other ways.
“They don’t need lanterns – they can simply think about Madeleine and have a quiet time of reflection in their own homes.
“Kate will be at her fundraising night in London – God love her, she’s worked so hard on that – but there will also be a lantern release in Rothley.”
While many people around the world will still have a fixed image of Madeleine in their minds – taken before she went missing – we are reminded of the onward march of time by the fact that Kate and Gerry’s twins, S*** and A*****, will be five on February 1, while Madeleine herself will be seven on May 12.
As we have said before in the ECHO, the future tense is important because, despite the time that has passed, there is no proof the past tense is needed.
Madeleine’s name continues to be mentioned each and every week during the “children’s service” which takes place at 10am on Sundays at Our Lady of the Annunciation, Bishop Eton, in Woolton Road, Childwall.
Meanwhile, on their website, findmadeleine.com, under the heading “Why do we continue?”, Kate and Gerry stress:
“There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Madeleine has been harmed.
“Madeleine is still missing and someone needs to be looking for her.
“She is very young and vulnerable and needs our help.
“We love her dearly and miss her beyond words.”
http://www.formbytimes.co.uk/news/formby-news/2010/01/26/lighting-up-the-sky-with-lanterns-at-formby-football-club-for-madeleine-mccann-1-000-days-after-she-went-missing-100252-25683408/2/
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kazcut on Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 am

ive just set a lanten off to see what they are like
:( very sad
its about 3ft long and has just gone right up as far as the eye can watch .
ive just had to explain to my kid the lantens are incase madeleine can see them up in the sky
:(

kazcut
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 am

Aw Kaz, well lets hope where-ever Madeleine is she can.

I can imagine it tugged at your heart strings, it really is so terribly sad, it should never have come to this.
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:16 am

I have ten of them here, and am having some friends over tomorrow evening. I'll post the pics afterwards.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kazcut on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:24 am

Tinkerbell43 wrote:Aw Kaz, well lets hope where-ever Madeleine is she can.

I can imagine it tugged at your heart strings, it really is so terribly sad, it should never have come to this.

big lump in throat and mascara all down my face
if she is being held but can see the sky .so very sad it took me back to the 50 day balloons .
if there is a god >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> x

kazcut
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 am

kazcut wrote:ive just set a lanten off to see what they are like
:( very sad
its about 3ft long and has just gone right up as far as the eye can watch .
ive just had to explain to my kid the lantens are incase madeleine can see them up in the sky
:(

awwww,its hard to explain things to little ones aint it.If only the world was as innocent as it is through a child's eyes hey.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 am

vee8 wrote:I have ten of them here, and am having some friends over tomorrow evening. I'll post the pics afterwards.

I've got 5 on behalf of myself and some HTFM buddies that can't get to a release............Started bloody raining here ....Hope that doesn't affect them tonight...
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top