Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

MCCANNS' STAR-FILLED PARTY TO BOOST FUND

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by christabel on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:22 pm

HUNT: Kate and Gerry McCann are determined to find Madeleine

Sunday January 17,2010

By James Murray and Tracey Kandohla

DEFIANT Kate and Gerry McCann will mark the 1,000th day since their daughter disappeared with a celebrity packed £150-a-head fundraising dinner and auction at a top London venue.

Tycoon Sir Richard Branson and their businessman backer Brian Kennedy will join stars at Kensington Roof Gardens in west London on January 27.

Radio Five’s Nicky Campbell and children’s author JK Rowling have also been invited.

The event for 180 supporters comes in the middle of the couple’s tense court battle against their tormentor, former police chief Goncalo Amaral, in Lisbon and gives them a night of light relief after weeks of stress.

Kate, 41, said yesterday: “We will raise money for Madeleine’s Fund and the ongoing search for her.

“If our circumstances remain unchanged, this day will sadly mark 1,000 days since Madeleine was taken from us.”

Money will be raised through ticket sales and a charity auction. Half the profits, expected to exceed £100,000, will go to Madeleine’s Fund, which currently stands at about £400,000, with the other half split between two other charities.

Kate explained: “Madeleine’s Fund is not depleted but we are aware, given the uncertainty of our situation, that we need to plan ahead to continue the search to find her.”

Kate said: “Fifty per cent of the profits from the event will be split between two charities, Missing ­People and Missing Children Europe.

“These two charities are among many others who work incredibly hard despite limited funding to help missing and exploited children.”

A close friend of the McCanns, who live in Rothley, Leicestershire, said: “Kate and Gerry are hoping to raise as much money as possible to help them and two other charities.
“The guests are people who have pledged their support to help find Madeleine, including celebrities and wealthy business people.”

The friend added: “The event doesn’t indicate that the fund is in ­crisis but money does need to come in.” Madeleine vanished from her parents’ holiday flat in Praia da Luz, ­Portugal, in May 2007, just days before her fourth birthday.

The Portugese police have shelved the case, leaving the McCanns effectively on their own and needing a flow of cash to finance the hunt for leads into their daughter’s disappearance, though there is a certain amount of support from Leicestershire Police.
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: MCCANNS' STAR-FILLED PARTY TO BOOST FUND

Post by Rosie on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:35 pm

I was hoping for something like this, this also raises awareness that they are still looking for Madeleine and do not intend giving up until they find her. I am also hoping that one day soon they will consider writing a book, setting the record straight about their torment and their fight to carry on searching for their daughter, in the face of the most despicable hate campaign led by vile people that have nothing better to do than, simply pour hate and pain and distress on people. I just wish them well and I hope they get loads of people there, more than that, I hope that by some miracle Madeleine is found by then and the party still goes ahead and then all the money can go to the charities mentioned.

Kate said: “Fifty per cent of the profits from the event will be split between two charities, Missing People and Missing Children Europe.

“These two charities are among many others who work incredibly hard despite limited funding to help missing and exploited children.”

It never ceases to amaze me that this couple faced with such a dreadful time in heir lives and must face a daily battle against despair, can still think of other people.

How much money out of his reported 2 million euros that Amaral has made has he donated to charities? Oh he said he was going to, but as yet he has not, not one single penny, fat pig!
That is 2 million euros the fat pig has made off of Madeleine, he ought to be ashamed of himself the sicko!

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:09 pm

I would like to wish them all the luck in the world.

(But I bet a certain disgraced ex-solicitor will try and find a way to ban it. )
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:35 pm

I agree with you Rosiepops.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by kazcut on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:04 am

i cant wait to know who will turn up as jk rowling is married to a portuguese man.people said bk no longer is supporting the mccanns so we will have to wait and see who is still supporting the mccanns and not amaral .

kazcut
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:56 am

vee8 wrote:I would like to wish them all the luck in the world.

(But I bet a certain disgraced ex-solicitor will try and find a way to ban it. )

How much has Bennett donated to charity out of the thousands of pounds he has made off of Madeleine? The dirty parasitic creep.

Kazcut, I thought JK had split from her Portuguese husband and married a doctor? Or has she split from him and married another Portuguese man? (I find it hard to keep up with celebrity marriages etc

I think that the organisers of this party will know who is attending, this is why it has been released to the press I think. I see Richard Branson is there, now didn't a certain Vile nutter try to make everyone believe that Branson no longer supported the McCanns?

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:09 am

Rosiepops wrote:
vee8 wrote:I would like to wish them all the luck in the world.

How much has Bennett donated to charity out of the thousands of pounds he has made off of Madeleine? The dirty parasitic creep.

Kazcut, I thought JK had split from her Portuguese husband and married a doctor? Or has she split from him and married another Portuguese man? (I find it hard to keep up with celebrity marriages etc

I think that the organisers of this party will know who is attending, this is why it has been released to the press I think. I see Richard Branson is there, now didn't a certain Vile nutter try to make everyone believe that Branson no longer supported the McCanns?

She divorced the Portuguse guy Rosie

Born in 1965, in Chipping Sodbury, a small town in Bristol, England located a few miles south of Dursley, hometown to her fictional
Rowling studied French at Exeter University and earned a bachelor's degree in 1986
In 1990 Rowling moved to Portugal to teach English, and there she met and married Portuguese television journalist Jorge Arantes, with whom she had a child, Jessica. Unfortunately, the marriage ended in divorce after a stormy two years marked by frequent quarreling. Although Rowling has denied basing her arrogant, lying wizard Gilderoy Lockhart on Arantes, she had noted that the character in the Harry Potter series was modeled on a real person who was "even more objectionable than his fictional counterpart."

When she remarried in December of 2001, she had amassed a fortune estimated at $150 million. Her new husband was Neil Murray, an anesthesiologist.
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kazcut on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:12 am

oooops sorry i didnt know she wasnt with him ive not followed her
sorry
any way there will be decent people there showing support in finding madeleine

kazcut
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:15 am

kazcut wrote:oooops sorry i didnt know she wasnt with him ive not followed her
sorry
any way there will be decent people there showing support in finding madeleine

No problem Kaz, and I'm sure they will get more than enough support, for the event.
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:24 am

Yes, and opposite to GA, they are donating to real charities.
The numpties in Moreass land don't like it, not at all. Strange, why would anybody object to that?

I hope the McCanns will raise a small fortune.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:27 am

Cath wrote:Yes, and opposite to GA, they are donating to real charities.
The numpties in Moreass land don't like it, not at all. Strange, why would anybody object to that?

I hope the McCanns will raise a small fortune.

Why Cath? Can't they afford the tickets? At least they won't be buying earrings with whats raised.
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:35 am

Oh Chris! You're horrible.

Know what? I edited my post.

At first, before I edited it, it read :
"Yes, and opposite to GA, they are donating to real charities, in stead of spending it on golden/diamond earrings, fireworks, alcohol, houses with and without a pool, a Jag, designer clothes, sunglasses..."

Oh and I forgot to mention the hat

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:51 am

I like to give praise where its due, thats not horrible

OH NO not the hat, Mr Magoo.
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:35 am

He dresses like he is the character in some film noir; he is, he's the dodgy double crossing cop trying to frame the anti-hero.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maria theresa on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:39 am

It's great that well-known people are openly supporting the McCanns. As well as funds for Madeleine and for two very deserving charities, the publicity will also give Kate and Gerry some much-needed support after a less-than-pleasant week hearing appalling nonsense repeated in Portugal.

I hope it goes brilliantly!

maria theresa
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 am

I think its great that even during their own heartache.....they can still think of other missing kids......I wish them great success with the event....
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:39 pm

24th January 2010

By Jonathan Corke

MISSING Madeleine McCann could be still alive and just a few miles from the Portuguese resort where she vanished in 2007, investigators believe.

Former detective inspector Dave Edgar, who is leading the hunt, made a secret visit to Praia da Luz at the beginning of last week.

On his return, he said it was a “very distinct possibility” that Maddie could be living in a poor country district inland from the holiday area.

A source told the Daily Star Sunday: “The areas that Dave’s team have focused on are very rural. There are no tourists around there at all. He believes Madeleine could be held in such an area.”

Wednesday will mark 1,000 days since the youngster’s disappearance during a holiday with her doctor parents, Kate and Gerry McCann.

Mr Edgar is convinced she was kidnapped and his team are still receiving a “substantial number” of calls and e-mails containing new information.

While previous inquiries have led officers as far afield as Argentina and Australia, the focus is now firmly back in Portugal. The source went on: “They believe the answer lies in Praia da Luz. New information continues to come in.”

Links between the case and at least five sex attacks on British children near Praia da Luz have been ruled out.

Many known paedophiles in the area have also been discounted.

But investigators would still like to speak to convicted Brit sex offender Raymond Hewlett, 64, who was staying near Praia da Luz at the time of the disappearance.

And we can reveal that some British holidaymakers who were also staying at the Mark Warner Ocean Club have not co-operated with the investigation.

Our source said: “There are a small number of individuals who, for their own reasons, have refused to speak.”

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for Kate and Gerry, said the probe would continue until Madeleine is found. The family hope that a star-studded fund-raising dinner on Wednesday will help boost diminishing funds.

Sir Richard Branson, JK Rowling and presenter Nicky Campbell are backing the event, at London’s Kensington Roof Gardens. And 1,000 lanterns will be released into the sky from 20 venues across Britain and Portugal.

Mr Mitchell said: “It’s a painful date for Kate and Gerry. But they remain as determined as ever.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/118676/1-000-days-of-hunt-for-Maddie/
christabel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:02 pm

It frustrates me though when they say they believe she's right there just a few miles from pdl but yet they don't seem to be searching the area grrrrrrrrr.If they think that then is it wise to say so in a paper?If she is in one of those areas i would imagine anyone holding her there are about to move her on.

And to those people who don't wish to talk for personal reasons....why not??What can possibly be that bad that you cannot talk to investigators to rule yourself out? Im sure you could talk to them without it being made public in the media.

Im a bit confused to be honest with you i thought normal procedure in a criminal investigation was to talk to those who are there.If they fail to talk they can be held in contempt cant they??I didn't think you could just flat out refuse to talk to police if they required your help,i thought it was against the law to withhold info,or to refuse to co operate?.So whats going on here?why aren't these other holiday makers being talked to?If they were there then they should be talk
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Clairesy, I know what you mean and that is the first thought that came to me also, but then I think of the immense experience that Dave Edgar has and I trust that in no way would he say anything like this unless there is a reason for it, remember that the police will use the press too! We have no idea what is going on behind the scenes and we have no idea what their plan is, but I would say they have one and as you say they are not going to tell us. Remember if we are confused as to what they are doing, then the abductors are also going to be confused!

I have always thought that Madeleine was in Portugal, even other events that crop up and I am forced to think of other scenarios, my mind simply will not detach itself from Portugal, it is as if I am tied to that place where Madeleine is concerned, I can't explain it, it is just a gut feeling.

Also what we have to remember, the McCanns investigators have no jurisdiction in Portugal and the Portuguese police are less than cooperative, so there is very little he can do without their say-so, if he did decided to do things on his own he could be thrown out of Portugal and refused admission in the future, he doesn't want this, so he has no other choice but to play things like this in my opinion.

But investigators would still like to speak to convicted Brit sex offender Raymond Hewlett, 64, who was staying near Praia da Luz at the time of the disappearance.

I am also very glad to see this. Hewlett was reported to be at deaths door and I knew from what was being said by the hospital and the time that journalist paid him for his story, that this wasn't the case. So Hewlett is in Germany and he has to be spoken to, if it is just to rule him out of the inquiry, so why doesn't he consent to it?
Nothing will convince me otherwise about Hewlett and his partner, nothing, something is amiss there. I keep saying this, Mariana in disguise looks more like sketchman than sketchman does!

Rosie
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 pm

clairesy wrote:It frustrates me though when they say they believe she's right there just a few miles from pdl but yet they don't seem to be searching the area grrrrrrrrr.If they think that then is it wise to say so in a paper?If she is in one of those areas i would imagine anyone holding her there are about to move her on.

And to those people who don't wish to talk for personal reasons....why not??What can possibly be that bad that you cannot talk to investigators to rule yourself out? Im sure you could talk to them without it being made public in the media.

Im a bit confused to be honest with you i thought normal procedure in a criminal investigation was to talk to those who are there.If they fail to talk they can be held in contempt cant they??I didn't think you could just flat out refuse to talk to police if they required your help,i thought it was against the law to withhold info,or to refuse to co operate?.So whats going on here?why aren't these other holiday makers being talked to?If they were there then they should be talk

Unfortunatly I don't think anyone can be forced to answer questions, or co-operate with an investigation unless the police have reason to suspect them. And the PI's are not even the police, and so have even less powers. I agree though that you would think anyone would welcome the chance to help find a missing child. Very strange behaviour, for a normal human being if you ask me.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top