Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

McCanns To Claim Ex-Cop 'Broke Secrecy Laws'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McCanns To Claim Ex-Cop 'Broke Secrecy Laws'

Post by vee8 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 pm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Madeleine-McCann-Kate-And-Gerry-McCann-To-Claim-Goncalo-Amaral-Broke-Strict-Secrecy-Laws/Article/201001215523017?lpos=World_News_Top_Stories_Header_4&lid=ARTICLE_15523017_Madeleine_McCann%3A_Kate_And_Gerry_McCann_To_Claim_Goncalo_Amaral_Broke_Strict_Secrecy_Laws

Madeleine McCann's parents are to lodge a complaint with Portuguese police claiming that former detective Goncalo Amaral broke his country's strict judicial secrecy laws.

Gerry and Kate McCann's lawyer says they will formally accuse him of passing on information about the police investigation into Madeleine's disappearance before the case was closed - a criminal offence in Portugal.
Isabel Duarte, the couple's Portuguese lawyer, says Mr Amaral broke the law by sending a draft of his book to his publishers several months before the judicial secrecy period in the case was lifted in July 2008.
She said: "It seems that Goncalo Amaral passed information in the case files before the secrecy was lifted."

Earlier, an emotional Kate McCann left court in Lisbon facing the prospect of hearing allegations that she and her husband covered up their daughter's death repeated in courtrooms across Europe for years to come.
Speaking in a low voice, Mrs McCann told waiting reporters she believed in the Portuguese justice system and that bringing the libel action against former policeman Mr Amaral was the right thing to do.
However, Mr Amaral has now declared that if he loses his bid to overturn their injunction on his book, Maddie: The Truth Of The Lie, he will appeal all the way through the country's courts and on to the European Court of Human Rights - a process that could take years.
The book, which was also made into a documentary on Portuguese TV, claims that Madeleine McCann died in the holiday apartment from which she vanished in May 2007.

In it, Mr Amaral - the lead detective on the investigation into the then-three-year-old's disappearance until being removed from the post five months later - goes on to say that the McCanns covered up the death.
Mr and Mrs McCann, who have always strongly denied the claims, launched a defamation case - saying they feared that if people believed their daughter was dead they would stop searching for her.
The past three days have seen a court in Lisbon debate whether an injunction obtained by the McCanns suspending further publication of the book and documentary should be allowed to stand.
Mr Amaral's lawyers have called a series of witnesses who have backed up the claims he made in the book, saying they believed them to be based on the facts of the investigation.
They have also tried to characterise the legal action as an attack on the Portuguese constitution and freedom of speech, a charge the McCanns deny.

Mr Amaral was taken off case

The witnesses made many references to the hostile treatment of Portuguese detectives in general and Mr Amaral in particular at the hands of certain sections of the British media.
During the second day of the trial it was reported by the BBC that Mr Amaral had said "F*** the McCanns" - a claim he strongly denies, saying it was a misinterpretation of his Portuguese.
Ms Duarte accused Mr Amaral of trying to put the couple on trial in this week's hearings.
She said: "They are trying to judge in a civil court what they could not judge in a criminal court."
Ms Duarte said the McCanns were not surprised by the witnesses called by Mr Amaral.
"I am sorry my clients had to be submitted to this pain and this distress," she said.
"This is awful, but we knew that Pandora's Box was open. We are prepared to hear what they say."
A ruling in the current series of hearings, which will determine whether the temporary injunction on Mr Amaral's book will stand, will be made following further statements from two further witnesses on February 10.
However, the McCanns must then go back to court to make the ban permanent at a date yet to be confirmed.
They are also fighting a separate case claiming more than 1m in damages from Mr Amaral.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: McCanns To Claim Ex-Cop 'Broke Secrecy Laws'

Post by clairesy on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:13 am

Hes a despicable excuse for a human being and a shame to his country.

Im glad they are suing him for breaking secrecy laws.I have said over and over that i am baffled at goncs claim regarding freedom of speech.He seems to forget that his country's laws ban freedom of speech regarding this case, and any other criminal investigation.Gonc, you don't even know what your own job description details.

Perhpas they should also sue Cristovao...he also broke secrecy laws when he wrote a book about this case.

Kate and gerry have been through so much in the last 2 and half years or so....but as kate said..nothing is as painful as losing Madeleine.I wish them all the best and will continue to support them until Madeleine is back home where she belongs.

Gonc and some of his co workers have deliberately flawed this investigation.Cristovao is a man i believe needs to be brought back to the fore front and investigated.I don't believe he is innocent.I think there is more than meets the eye to that man.Two children are abducted,two cops write a book about them yet they fail to find them??Although in their books give a detailed account of what happened to them??Those books arent based on fact,if they were there would be no failed investigations......the books are fictional.And they are also a breech of Portuguese secrecy laws
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabot on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:30 am

This court case is bringing the plight of Madeleine to The World. The entire population of The Planet isn't stupid. Anyone with a thinking brain can see that there is no evidence that Madeleine is dead or that The McCanns are implicated in her disappearance. This is a positive thing because people will go on searching. I am just so sorry that The McCanns are being forced to endure what Amaral is trying to do to them.

He won't win.

Sabot
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 764
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 am

I agree with you my friends Clairesy and Sabot.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5566
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top