Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Viral video to target family & friends of abductor

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Viral video to target family & friends of abductor

Post by Zavvi on Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:46 am

November 3, 2009 

Viral video targets family and friends of Madeleine abductor 

Sean O’Neill, Crime Editor 

A viral message directed at a friend, relative or partner of the person who abducted Madeleine McCann, telling them that “it is never too late to do the right thing”, went online at midnight. 

The video was created to “infiltrate the internet” by spreading from news websites to blogs and social networks until it is the first thing that appears when the missing child’s name is typed into a search engine. 

Jim Gamble, the head of the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre, said that the message was founded on the belief that, like Jaycee Dugard in California and Natasha Kampusch in Austria, Madeleine could be rescued or reappear despite being missinghaving gone missing for more than two years ago. 

“This is about hope, it’s about collective hope. I believe this message will deliver answers for us,” said Mr Gamble, who studied 11 child abduction cases in which the victims had reappeared after long periods in captivity. 

Mr Gamble launched “A Minute for Madeleine” with a plea to internet users to view the video and disseminate it. 

Harnessing the power of the viral message is a new technique in an investigation but the core idea of the 60-second film is based on the old detective’s adage that “everyone has a best friend” and someone will talk. 

Madeleine was 3 years old when she went missing on a family holiday in Portugal in May 2007. The new video contains “aged progressed” images of how she might look today, aged 6. One shows the girl with blonde hair, while the other shows her with dark hair and tanned skin, as she might look if she was being held in a hot country. 

The message has gone online in seven languages — English, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German and Italian — and will be promoted around the world by police forces, missing persons agencies and Interpol. 

It represents the first time that a British law enforcement agency has taken the lead in the international hunt for the missing girl. Her mother, Kate McCann, will conduct a series of television interviews today to promote the message. 

Mr Gamble stressed that the video was not a public appeal but a message to one person who knew or suspected that someone close to them had taken the child. “It’s aimed at prompting the conscience of the person who is keeping the secret,” Mr Gamble said. 

“The person we are looking to reach is likely to be a partner, family member, friend or colleague of the person or people who were involved in Madeleine’s disappearance.” He said he believed that the abductor would be regularly checking the internet for developments in the investigation and would be “rattled” by the video, which was prepared with the help of psychologists. 

Mr Gamble said: “This is not the normal criminal psychology approach. We’re not looking at the criminal, but at the associate and saying to them, ‘You can redeem yourself’. 

“We believe there is someone out there who is associated and who knows. This person doesn’t need to see an age progressed image of Madeleine — this person knows who Madeleine is and who committed the crime.” Mr Gamble stressed that there were no new leads, nor fresh intelligence behind the launch of the message. He added: “In a case like this the investigation is never closed”. 

Link http://tinyurl.com/y96lzuf (Times on Line)
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Viral video to target family & friends of abductor

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:08 am

I'm really enthused by this latest initiative.

The internet is a powerful tool. Someone knows what happened, please let that person have the courage to come forward and right this wrong.
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:13 am

Totally agree Tinks.........
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Zavvi on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 am

Madeleine McCann: How she may look now 

By Jon Clements 3/11/2009 

These are the images that show how Madeleine McCann would look two and a half years after she vanished. 

Police hope the new computer generated pictures will spark a flood of possible sightings and lead them to the missing youngster’s whereabouts. 

One shows how she would appear, now aged six, if being held in Europe – with her skin still pale. 

The other is an image of her face had she been taken to North Africa, with a suntan and dark hair. 

The pictures were released after Madeleine’s heartbroken parents Gerry and Kate, both 41, begged one of Britain’s leading child abduction police officers to help them find their precious daughter, who vanished from a Portuguese holiday apartment in May 2007. 

They wrote a letter to Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre boss Jim Gamble – and he was so moved by it he decided there and then to get involved. 

The officer yesterday launched a 60-second internet video clip aimed at people who may know Madeleine’s kidnapper. 

Mr Gamble said: “It is the first time it has been done and I absolutely believe this has the opportunity, the potential, to get to the person we are looking for. We are not looking for someone who has seen this girl particularly. 

“We are looking for the person who knows or strongly suspects the individual or individuals involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. The person who for a long time has perhaps struggled with their conscience keeping a terrible secret.” Mr Gamble is convinced Madeleine may still be alive and pointed to the case of American teenager Jaycee Dugard as evidence. He added: “I’ve reviewed cases of children who turned up four, eight, eighteen years later. Statisticians do that most awful of thing, taking away people’s hope. 

Kate and Gerry, of Rothley, Leics, pleaded for help after reaching a “low point” in their hopes they would ever see Madeleine again. 

A friend said: “Jim was moved by the letter and agreed to do what he could. It personally touched him.” 

Kate and Gerry say in the clip: “We are extremely grateful to Ceop for launching this new message. 

“If you know what has happened to Madeleine, it is still not too late to do the right thing and come forward. We love Madeleine. Please help us bring her home.” 

Link http://tinyurl.com/yd82mk2 (The Mirror)
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:41 am

I really hope this will lead to someone telling them where she is.
Someone knows. He or she only has to come forward, even if it's anonymous.

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jean on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:16 am

I feel so very very sad for Kate and Gerry. They sound as though they are at their lowest ebb since Madeleine was taken. It's about time our police force helped in the search for Madeleine, although I think that Jim Gamble has been of far more help to them in the past than their own Leicestershire police force!!

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:37 pm

I am forwarding it on to every contact in my e-mail list.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Hael on Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:59 pm

MINUTE FOR MADELEINE …

HELP SPREAD A NEW ONLINE POLICE MESSAGE

London, 3 November. The UK’s national law enforcement centre for protecting children – the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) Centre – has today issued an online viral message (http://www.youtube.com/ceop) aimed at anyone close to the person who was involved in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

The person we are looking to reach is likely to be a partner, family member, friend or colleague of the person or people who were involved in Madeleine’s disappearance. It is also highly probable that they, or someone close to them, is using the internet to search for any updates that may suggest the police are getting closer to discovering the truth.

“Today we want to deliver a message to that person and we’re asking everyone who goes online to help us. We want the message to become so widespread that it becomes just one click from any Madeleine search as a constant reminder to that person that it is never too late to do the right thing – that it is never too late for that person to redeem themselves.

“So if you are a parent or carer, a student or member of the public who is a social networker, blogger or emailer, or if you run any type of online environment, big or small please look at the film today, link to it, share it with your friends and post it in the online communities you occupy. Do everything you can to spread it around the online world. We want to make it omnipresent so that the person we are trying to reach sees it and is prompted to do the right thing.”

The message is available at ceop.police.uk and is in seven different languages – English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish.

Thank you for helping us get out this important information.

http://helpingtofindmadeleine.org

Hael
Learner
Learner

Number of posts : 108

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:44 pm

i hope this helps find her...i cant help but think it doesn't look like her though.My little girl hasn't changed that much and is only a few month older than madeleine..She looks exactly as she did 2 years ago just grown a few inches.Maybe its because i see her all the time that i haven't noticed.Madeleine looks so much older in those pictures and not just because its madeleine being aged but because she looks a lot older and i find it hard to place her in my daughters class with other little girls...she looks about 8.

I guess these guys are the pros though and i feel that any information about madeleine hat comes in from these pictures is a good thing.But i would also urge people to know that she might not look that way and could still look very much like she did 2 years ago.I guess we are looking for two little girls now....a madeleine how she could look now... and a madeleine how she might still look
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:24 pm

I watched the interviews with Kate and Gerry this morning and my heart went out to them.
God Bless Madeleine
May
Master
Master

Number of posts : 498
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Eileen

Wich chanel? Do you think they will be put on youtube? Or JM...?
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Kate and Gerry will be on SKY TV at 2.30pm today........don't know about youtube Maria........
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks my friend, for telling us about the couple´s appearance at Sky Tv.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi Pedro
I didn't watch the interviews on Sky, they were on BBC and ITV at breakfast time.
May
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:13 am

vee8 wrote:I am forwarding it on to every contact in my e-mail list.

Me too Vee, I have forwarded it to all my overseas customers.

I have often felt so bloody useless and frustrated, but at last I feel as if I have done something positive to help Madeleine and its a good feeling!.
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:26 am

Maria
I watched the interviews at breakfast time on GMTV and BBc but Kay Burley is going to interview this this afternoon on Sky News.
May
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by May on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:52 am

Hi Pedro
It was screened on Sky at 2.30 pm. They were being interviewed by Kay Burley.
May
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:54 am

My friends, like Maria posted here, if you go to Sky News, you can click where it says:
Live on Sky News
Kate and Gerry McCann - watch at 2:30 pm

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:06 am

Thank you my friend May.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:03 am

My youngest daughter is going to put the video on all the forums she is on, like Chickensmoothie, dragon adopters, a wolf role playing one I can't remember the name of, and of course her facebook account.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:21 am

The pictures and the new search for Madeleine has been shown on US Television (CNN) and on our local news. Everyone seems to be doing their part....
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:56 pm

I watched yesterday a very quick interview (excerpt?) on SIC tv, stupidly missed Sky, but at 8 o'clock news there was a trailer for an interview on RTP1 that will be aired in full thursday night after the news. Seems promising, with reporter Sandra Felgueiras who is very well known to be quite agressive towards the couple and even caught already twisting news.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Hi Maria

Post by Rosie on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm

Any idea of how this is being received in Portugal so far? ie Newspaper coverage? TV coverage, public reaction? Hopefully you may be able to give us news Maria?

I think in its absolute simplicity, this video was so powerful, it is an eerie experience to know that almost certainly, the person that knows something about Madeleine's disappearance has watched it, or has seen the message too.

The people that helped organise Madeleine's abduction is going to be very jittery, according to Jim Gamble and it is brilliant to have it confirmed that a British Law Enforcement Agency are now helping this investigation.

Note the use of publicity and the public? I hope those that are responsible for investigating missing children in Portugal, now realise what a powerful tool the media is and how it can help, especially in the first few hours after the abduction.

What a pity that Goncalo Amaral, who headed the investigation for the first five months chose to take the stance he did and to evoke the use of the secrecy act over Madeleine's abduction, when he did *NOT* have to!

Why did you do that Mr Amaral?

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:11 pm

What a pity that Goncalo Amaral, who headed the investigation for the first five months chose to take the stance he did and to evoke the use of the secrecy act over Madeleine's abduction, when he did *NOT* have to!

Why did you do that Mr Amaral?

Rosie, I suspect we will never learn the answer to that one, not from the horse's a*se, sorry, I meant to write mouth.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:36 am

Do you know what really saddens me, I have not seen one anti say that they have sent this video around.

We here have all welcomed this initiative, we've taken the mantle and ran with it and even if, god forbid, it doesn't lead us to a live Madeleine, she still needs to be found. No matter what side of the fence you are on, Madeleine should come first no matter what.

I just don't get them that are opposed to this campaign, its about MADELEINE FFS!.
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top