Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Somer Thompson

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Somer Thompson

Post by christabel on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:17 am

A body found in a landfill has been tentatively identified by police in the US as that of seven-year-old Somer Thompson, who has been missing since Monday.

Somer Thompson (Pic: Florida Department of Law Enforcement)

Sheriff Rick Beseler said the identification was based on clothing found on the body and a birthmark that matched one on the young girl's leg.
Somer disappeared while walking home from school in Orange Park, Florida, on Monday.
The rubbish at the landfill site came from the same area near Jacksonville, Sheriff Beseler said earlier.
Somer's father told the Florida Times-Union the body had a birthmark that matches one on his daughter's leg.
Samuel Thompson told the newspaper: "I'm angry. I'm so angry. I'm so hurt. My baby daughter laying in trash.
"Discarded like a piece of trash. God help the sons of ******* who hurt my daughter. They better find them."

Earlier in the week, the little girl's mother, Diena Thompson, said she assumed someone had her daughter.
"Just drop her off somewhere. I don't care if you ever get in trouble," Mrs Thompson appealed, before the body was found. "I just want my baby back."
Sheriff Beseler said investigators expanded the initial search area and interviewed about 75 known sex offenders in a five-square-mile radius.
More than 100 police officers have searched the residential neighbourhood since Somer vanished on her mile-long walk home from school on Monday.
Sheriff Beseler said officers have found no connection to an incident in the area on October 10, when three people reportedly tried and failed to lure a five-year-old girl into a car.
"Investigators located that car and those individuals," he said.
"We are confident that incident had nothing to do with Somer's disappearance but I can't go into any further details about that until we finish our investigation."
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Somer Thompson

Post by calcite51 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:09 am

My deepest sympathies to Somer's family.
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:32 am

That is really sad.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:43 am

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
Master
Master

Number of posts : 453
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by christabel on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:06 am

christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:49 am

Candle lit for Somer.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:20 am

I also lit a candle for Somer.
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:51 am

My thoughts go out to Somer's family on their tragic loss.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:52 am

I hope they catch whoever is responsible, RIP little Somer.x

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:46 am

So sorry little angel.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:42 am

One of things that struck me when I was watching the morning news yesterday was how different it was for Somer's mother when she spoke to the Today show than it had been for the McCanns. She had the Sheriff of their county with her. He looked stalwart but upset. She actually kept it together and she did not sob hysterically and beat her breast. No one decided this was evidence of her loose character. Her police officer did not criticize her for it.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG on Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 11:03 am; edited 2 times in total
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:04 pm

I'm not comparing because I think one parent acted one way and that way was the right way. I'm saying it's perfect evidence that people react in totally different ways to shock and horror and that Kate McCann's much criticized public appearance has nothing to do with guilt. At the time I saw the press conference, Somer was still missing. Her body had not been found.

It was more a retort to the antis who have poured over every clip of Kate McCann claiming that she did not "act the right way." And not just posters - the poicemen who thought the same thing and decided that was enough to suspect and pursue the McCanns as suspects.

One of the comments antis always make is that the McCanns' first press conference "didn't look right." There is a poster on PFA2 who always points out that one of the reasons it doesn't look right is because when such press conferences are done in England, the US, and other countries, there is a police officer present who often does most of the talking and it's often even done at the police station. I was glad Somer's mother had that support from her police force.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 pm

Bluj

The difference also becomes obvious when looking at the press conferences given in NZ about Aisling as well. This was totally controlled by the senior police officer who did most of the talking. The parents were not left to 'fend' for themselves with the press.

We (in Aus, GB, US etc) are used to the police managing the publicity for missing chidren, and supporting the parents and doing most,if not all, of the talking. To me, it looked like no one knew what to do in PDL straight after Madeleine was abducted, or how to deal with the press. I think that cultural differences also came into play (for eg in Britain it is all publicised, in Portugal all kept quiet), and so uncertainty and poor management have combined to cause certain people to be suspicious.

I remember that many of these same criticisers didnt see anything wrong with Karen Matthews publicity, with some saying that she showed true grief, and that is how a mother should act. Sadly, the police aided Karen Matthews by providing the support and guidance that parents of a missing child need, so most likely making it easier for her to pull off her hoax. I wonder if the McCanns had had the on camera support of an expert in this field, would the criticisms still be the same.

Lindy Chamberlain,as well, was always accused of being a hard ***** who brought the wrath of the nation on herself, for the same reasons. That is she didnt act the way people thought she did, and looking back, I wonder if she was given good advice by the police, or any advice at all, or left to go it alone. When in reality, she did her grieving in private, and later on, was just so angry at what was happening to her, that she couldnt show much emotion. Apparently though, according to an interview I saw with Lindy, she was filmed during the first trial, weeping in court, but that film never saw the light of day on the tv. It was deliberately left out, as it didnt fit the prosecution's (and add to that the media that wanted her to be found guilty) assertion that she was a cold blooded killer.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexG on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:00 pm

Last edited by AlexG on Thu May 05, 2011 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
AlexG
Master
Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:11 pm

Another heartbreaking tragedy and another family torn apart and left bereft and my heart and my useless condolences go out to that poor family and poor little innocent Somer and her parents. It is tragic beyond words. Somehow they will get themselves through this, they have no choice, thank God they have kind compassionate people helping them, they are going to be needed them in this coming time.

I would not be a police officer for quids and have to do this job, I know I couldn't, but a special thanks to all those kind and decent police officers who do this job and investigate these crimes, each time it must take a piece out of them that can never be replaced, don't forget them, because I am sure they must take this home with them.

Pity Kate and Gerry McCannn did not have such an officer, had they, then all this terrible circus could have been avoided. There is no manual that tells one how to behave under such harrowing traumatic circumstances and each person will react in their own way, with their own coping mechanism and a good decent and honest police officer will recognise that while at the same time as doing his job and what needs to be done correctly.

"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:07 am

AlexG wrote:Sorry but I just think that on this one we should be praying for Somer and for Her family and demanding Justice instead of thinking about how other parents should or not behave in a similar situation.
Once again, Rest in peace, Somer Thompson and let's hope that justice can be made.

You're missing the point of what I am saying.
I am not saying that parents should or should not behave a certain way. I am saying that ALL parents should get to behave ANYWAY they so feel like it, because all humans react completely differently to these horrific, tragic events. And I am saying that a person's reaction to those events should not be leaked to the press and should not be treated as evidence against her, like the PJ did to Kate.
I am saying that I am glad that Somer's mother had the support of the local police force when she appeared before the media.

I am NOT claiming that Somer's mother, or any of the parents mentioned in this thread, reacted the "wrong" way or should have reacted a certain way. Nobody else on this thread is, either.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:18 am

Bluj1515 - I agree with you. I think part of the problem was that Kate and Gerry were advised by the PJ's to NOT show any emotion as this might have been what the kidnappers wanted.

Isn't it odd that in two cases where the parents were suspects, they never had the support of the PJ's/police - Kate and Gerry, Patsy and John Bonet? The PJ/police used the media by leaking info on the parents.
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:16 am

I agree with you my friends Rosiepops, Bluj and Calcite.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top