Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Baby has lucky escape as pram hit by train

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Baby has lucky escape as pram hit by train

Post by dianeh on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:10 am

This is the news report for the baby that was in the pram which was hit by the train.

I used to catch the train a lot in Brisbane, and never stood on the platform without the brake on. I was paranoid that someone would bump the pram etc. And especiallly careful getting on and off the train, as on the suburban platforms (like the one in the video) there is always a gap between the platform and the train, and usuallly have to lift the pram up. I must admit I struggle with how many young mothers dont put the brake on when they let go of the pram. I was always pretty careful, as on one of my first outings, the pram rolled in a car park. And a few years ago, 2 babies drowns in the river in Adelaide, after the prams rolled into the water, because the brakes were not on. Even though one was pulled out almost straight away, it still died. the other one was in the water for about 15 minutes because they couldnt find the pram. Anway, that was enough for me, brake on all the time when taking hands off the pram. And I am sure that this young mum will be just as paranoid from now on.

This little tot was fine, just a bump onthe head. The pram fell between the tracks, so the train went over top of it. But it was just pure luck the little one wasnt killed.

I didnt realise it would be on the news last night, and we were watching it. Next minute my daughter (just turned five) is crying and screaming because the train ran over the baby. It took me half an hour to calm her down, because she believed the baby was dead. She thinks I am just telling her that the baby is OK. And she was so upset by it.

This is probably the first time she has taken notice of the news. The only other real problem we had was watching the move King Solomon's mines with Richard Chamberlain. Someone shot an elephant, and she ran to the tv screaming that the elephant was dead. So we had a long talk about things on tv not being real, even if she can see real people. But this didnt work with the news, because she knows it is the news.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Baby has lucky escape as pram hit by train

Post by bluj1515 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:29 pm

Diane, I'm so sorry your poor little girl is so upset! Could you have her listen to the audio and not watch the video again if she thinks you're trying to just tell her the baby is ok? It's a shocking video for even an adult to watch and think someone escaped unharmed.
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 pm

BLuj

We watched it again while I was posting this, and she started to get upset again, but I did make her listen to the newsreader and that the baby was OK. Even to repeat back what he said. But she doesnt believe me, or the newsreader. I think because she saw the train run over the baby.

Eventually she said OK Mum. But I am not sure she is convinced. But she seems less upset by it, so no more news today for her.

I think the problem would not have happened had the news showed a picture of the baby all happy and alive, then I think she would believe me. HOpefully she will forget it soon.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:08 pm

dianeh wrote:BLuj

We watched it again while I was posting this, and she started to get upset again, but I did make her listen to the newsreader and that the baby was OK. Even to repeat back what he said. But she doesnt believe me, or the newsreader. I think because she saw the train run over the baby.

Eventually she said OK Mum. But I am not sure she is convinced. But she seems less upset by it, so no more news today for her.

I think the problem would not have happened had the news showed a picture of the baby all happy and alive, then I think she would believe me. HOpefully she will forget it soon.

Oh no! I hope she forgets or they run a photo or something....it's amazing how small kids' minds work...she sounds like a little smartie thought. ;)
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:16 pm

This was a miracle.
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:56 pm

I bet she offered up prayers to whatever God she believes in that night. That WAS a miracle. A moment's lapse of concentration, that's all it takes, but I can't be too hard on the poor woman, we are all human, and we ALL slip up from time to time, and I bet she'll have many nightmares in future about what might have been. Also think of the poor train driver, thinking for a few minutes he had driven over a child. I imagine he too lost a fair bit of sleep over that.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Indeed a miracle.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5566
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Catkins on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:11 am

I couldn't believe what I was watching..............it sure was a miracle for baby and mum.........Goes to show how things can change in a split second !!
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:44 am

Yes Vee the driver was in shock and was offered counselling, that gives us an idea on how the poor man was feelling.

Of course, my first thoughts go to the mother. I know from experience what it is to 'see your child dead' for a split second, she 'saw it' for a full minute or so... It gives me the creeps.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top