Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by vee8 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:55 am

This just posted on PFA, copied I think from MM. I'll confirm when I can!

"just spoke to Tony Bennett and Debbie Butler on the phone after they had left a 4 hour session with lawyers.

The outcome was that Tony wrote this note to Carter Ruck:

We confirm Tony Bennett’s telephone call at 3:14pm to Julia that we both accede to the demands set out by your client, the McCanns in your letters to us of the 27th August 2009.

Signed: Tony Bennett and Debbie Butler

More news will follow when Tony and Debbie get back home."

Stevo
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by christabel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 am

vee8 wrote:This just posted on PFA, copied I think from MM. I'll confirm when I can!

"just spoke to Tony Bennett and Debbie Butler on the phone after they had left a 4 hour session with lawyers.

The outcome was that Tony wrote this note to Carter Ruck:

We confirm Tony Bennett’s telephone call at 3:14pm to Julia that we both accede to the demands set out by your client, the McCanns in your letters to us of the 27th August 2009.

Signed: Tony Bennett and Debbie Butler

More news will follow when Tony and Debbie get back home."

Stevo

I wouldn't hold your breath Vee, probably more bull ##### from the . Hope not though!

_________________
Madeleine [Hardcover] Book
Written by Kate (Author)
Pre Order your copy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madeleine-Kate-McCann-Gerry/dp/0593067916/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289936443&sr=1-3


Sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/signatures
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by vee8 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:15 am

I know, after the intitial elation, reality set in. I trust bennett about as far as my grandson could throw him. They're up to something, bennett would never give in so easily. And what about tomorrow's meeting? Is that still going ahead? Believe it or not, though if it's true I know it would be a great weight of Kate and Gerry's shoulders, I really wanted bennett to see this through, so he could be publically thrashed in court. So that justice for Kate and Gerry would not only be done, but be SEEN to be done. Going out with a wimper rather than a bang is a bit disapointing.
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by rosemary on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:19 am

Have a look at the 6 demands from Carter Ruck, on the joint statement thread.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by christabel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:22 am

He hadn't the guts to see it through Vee. He's just a loser like his oppo Bitler

_________________
Madeleine [Hardcover] Book
Written by Kate (Author)
Pre Order your copy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madeleine-Kate-McCann-Gerry/dp/0593067916/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289936443&sr=1-3


Sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/signatures
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by rosemary on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:23 am

In particular No 6. " To permanently cease from making any further defamatory statements about the McCanns...." well that must surely mean the Public meeting is cancelled?

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by christabel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:25 am

rosemary wrote:In particular No 6. " To permanently cease from making any further defamatory statements about the McCanns...." well that must surely mean the Public meeting is cancelled?

Whats the betting Rosemary? lol

_________________
Madeleine [Hardcover] Book
Written by Kate (Author)
Pre Order your copy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madeleine-Kate-McCann-Gerry/dp/0593067916/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289936443&sr=1-3


Sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/signatures
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by vee8 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:26 am

rosemary wrote:In particular No 6. " To permanently cease from making any further defamatory statements about the McCanns...." well that must surely mean the Public meeting is cancelled?

I'll believe it when I see it. My warning radar is off the screen at the moment.
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by christabel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:28 am

vee8 wrote:
rosemary wrote:In particular No 6. " To permanently cease from making any further defamatory statements about the McCanns...." well that must surely mean the Public meeting is cancelled?

I'll believe it when I see it. My warning radar is off the screen at the moment.

I think we all should not hope to much for the best news yet

_________________
Madeleine [Hardcover] Book
Written by Kate (Author)
Pre Order your copy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madeleine-Kate-McCann-Gerry/dp/0593067916/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289936443&sr=1-3


Sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/signatures
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by rosemary on Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:54 am

I have been speaking my mind on PFA too.........I don´t think this is justice done. Where is the punishment for the criminal acts these 2 people have committed over the past 2 years? If there is to be none, then what is to prevent others - such as sicko Steve for one - from taking up the flag of defiance and carrying on?

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:04 am

I dont believe they'll cease their harassment, judging by the posts going up on the Foundation site, which whatever name they want to call it as long as they are using Madeleines name thats what it is.



  • 5

    Sharon Bradford Says:


    October 2nd, 2009 at 8:17 pm

    This
    does not have to be the end, there are other paths that can be taken to
    push forward. Just remember this – out of bad, something good always
    comes.
    Madeleine McCann will get justice. The McCanns and their accomplices
    will, one way or the other, be punished for their misdeeds.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by vee8 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:07 am

Mulleena wrote:I dont believe they'll cease their harassment, judging by the posts going up on the Foundation site, which whatever name they want to call it as long as they are using Madeleines name thats what it is.



  • 5

    Sharon Bradford Says:


    October 2nd, 2009 at 8:17 pm

    This
    does not have to be the end, there are other paths that can be taken to
    push forward. Just remember this – out of bad, something good always
    comes.
    Madeleine McCann will get justice. The McCanns and their accomplices
    will, one way or the other, be punished for their misdeeds.


No sharon, out of the MM something putrid comes. The smell of corruption and evil. WE are the good guys in this, and always have been. bennett and butler are not off the hook, it is THEY who will be punished for THEIR misdeeds, mark my words and mark them well.
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by christabel on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:12 am

Mulleena wrote:I dont believe they'll cease their harassment, judging by the posts going up on the Foundation site, which whatever name they want to call it as long as they are using Madeleines name thats what it is.

5

Sharon Bradford Says:

October 2nd, 2009 at 8:17 pm

This
does not have to be the end, there are other paths that can be taken to
push forward. Just remember this – out of bad, something good always
comes.
Madeleine McCann will get justice. The McCanns and their accomplices
will, one way or the other, be punished for their misdeeds.

Now is that a threat? Careful Shaz! Is it your turn for the .

_________________
Madeleine [Hardcover] Book
Written by Kate (Author)
Pre Order your copy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Madeleine-Kate-McCann-Gerry/dp/0593067916/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289936443&sr=1-3


Sign the petition http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/madeleinemccann_case_review/signatures
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:20 am

I cant see CR being satisfied somehow with the website being called formerly the Madeleine Foundation, let the games begin the stakes will be much higher and i foresee a prison sentences in the offing!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Peaceful1 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:59 am

rosemary wrote:I have been speaking my mind on PFA too.........I don´t think this is justice done. Where is the punishment for the criminal acts these 2 people have committed over the past 2 years? If there is to be none, then what is to prevent others - such as sicko Steve for one - from taking up the flag of defiance and carrying on?

Yes and a few added socks too! MMmmmmm.........
IMO CR need to take further action.
avatar
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Location : Australia
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by dianeh on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:18 am

vee8 wrote:
rosemary wrote:In particular No 6. " To permanently cease from making any further defamatory statements about the McCanns...." well that must surely mean the Public meeting is cancelled?

I'll believe it when I see it. My warning radar is off the screen at the moment.

This is what I predicted. All of this BS going around by Bennett and Stevo is just that. It is not about a single website, it is about the defamation, and they cannot just open another site and start the same defamation all over again.

BTW, if Bennett agreed to this, has the Foundation website been shut down.

If not, would someone like to inform Carter Ruck that it is still in existence, and still containing defamatory statement. Also, any new posts posts by Bennett, Butler, Stevo etc on Missing Madeleine should also be reported, as well as any other sites they post defamatory statements.

We will not let Bennett and Butler pay lip service to an agreement and not abide by it. We are here, watching, we will ensure that they abide by the agreement, or suffer the legal consequences.
avatar
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Age : 53
Location : Outback, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 am

Tony Bennett Today at 23:25

Well, The Madeleine Foundation
website is no more, but The Madeleine Foundation itself is unaffected
by the McCanns' demands made via their libel Solicitors Carter-Ruck.
Our programme of meetings continues, starting with tomorrow's meeting
in Cardiff and our meeting in Manchester on 14 November.

Just a
small but important clarification about our wesbite - or our former
website, I should say. Stevo in the U.S. offered in the summer of 2008
to build and set up our website. He offered to be the webmaster. The
Madeleine Foundation paid appropriate domain name fees, hosting fees
etc. to Stevo for setting up and maintaining our website. Throughout
the past year several additional payments have been made to Stevo for
his actual expenses and his time.

It was agreed for reasons of
convenience that Stevo register the site in his own name from the
outset although it was always understood and agreed that The Madeleine
Foundation was the controlling force and had the right to determine its
content. We maintained the content of the website, until today, in a
certain manner which has won the respect of a great many people,
bearing in mind always that the main purpose of the exercise was to
discover the truth about and obtain justice for Madeleine, whom we did
not believe had been abdcuted.

This afternoon at around 4pm our
time Debbie Butler and I telephoned Stevo in America and informed him
that we had reluctantly been forced to agree to all the demands of the
McCanns, via Carter-Ruck, including that the madeleinefoundation.org
website be 'suspended permanently'.

Stevo's response was that as the registrant and 'owner' of www.madeleinefoundation.org,
he was now entitled to assert full control of the website and he has
now re-styled it "The Website Formerly Known as The Madeleine
Foundation".

This becomes clearer when you look at this exchange tonight on that website between Sharon Bradford and Stevo:
Sharon Bradford Says:

October 2nd, 2009 at 8:17 pm edit

This
does not have to be the end, there are other paths that can be taken to
push forward. Just remember this – out of bad, something good always
comes.

Madeleine McCann will get justice. The McCanns and their accomplices will, one way or the other, be punished for their misdeeds.

Stevo
Says: This website is owned by me. It always has been. As far as I know
it isn’t going anywhere. The domain name is the same and the site will
continue. Remember to try the new chat page for real-time online chat.

************************************

I
must make it clear, therefore, in line with our decision to inform
Carter-Ruck by their deadline of close of play today that we hve
acceded to all of their demands, that The Madeleine Foundation neither
owns nor controls nor indeed has any say whatsoever in the content of
the website currently to be found at www.madeleinefoundation.org

THE DECISION TO ACCEDE TO CARTER-RUCK'S DEMANDS

Debbie and will explain this in full in due course.

Today began at 4.00 am for Debbie and 5.00 am for me as we had an appointment with Kirwans Solicitors, Liverpool at 11.00am.

The
meeting was with Partners David Kirwan and Michael Sandys, Solicitor
Julia Kirwan and Media Advisor Nick Mason and lasted four hours with
three short interruptions.

Clear advice was given that because
of the high degree of uncertainty in libel litigation, no guarantee
could be given that if we defended a libel suit, we would win. It was
emphasised in graphic terms by one of the Partners that on a worst-case
scenario the outcome could mean complete financial ruin for both Debbie
and myself, with all our savings raided and court orders made to
recover the equity value each of us have in the homes we own. It was
also emphasised that Carter-Ruck had immense resources both within
their firm and beyond them, that they could sustain a case lasting many
weeks, and that to defend the proceedings would require us to engage
libel lawyers at huge fees which neither of us could remotely afford to
pay.

We were further advised that correspondence between Kirwans
Solicitors and Carter-Ruck on 24, 25 and 29 September and 1 October
revealed a strong likelihood that Carter-Ruck had indeed already
drafted a libel writ and would be ready to walk into the High Court on
Monday (5th Oct) at 9.00am to issue a writ, unless we acceded to their
demands in full by close of play on Friday.
Accordingly we
telephoned Carter-Ruck at 3.14pm today and faxed them written notice of
our accession to the McCanns' demands at 3.25pm. Attempts to speak to
both Adam Tudor and Isabel Hudson, the two main Solicitors conducting
the litigation for carter-Ruck, failed as we were informed that 'the
entire department' was tied up in a meeting. That was still the case
when we telephoned again at 4.47pm to make absolutely sure that our fax
had been safely received.
Kirwans offered to assist us with
concluding written terms of settlement with the McCanns, via
Carter-Ruck, if we paid them a retainer of £5,000 plus VAT. After a
short period of consideration, Debbie and I decided that neither of us
could afford this. We offered the sum of £500.00 to Kirwans for their
advice to date which was accepted and paid by us. I should explain that
this was in respect of several hours of advice and assistance from
Kirwans during the period 24 September today, notably including a
sentence-by-sentence analysis of the '60 Reasons' book by Partner
Michael Sandsys, for which we are grateful.

As we cannot afford further legal help, we shall have to deal with any further correspondence with carter-Ruck ourselves.

That's all, and I have to be up again at 7.00am in order to make our Cardiff meeting tomorrow on time.

+++++++

P.S.
Thanks all of you for the nice messages received by e-mail, 'phone and
on the forums tonight and I am sorry that we felt we had no realistic
option but to yield to the enemy's overwhelmingly superior firepower.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by dianeh on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:02 am

I doubt that this website ownership BS will make any difference. Either Bennett and Butler abide by the agreement or they dont. Making grand statements that the website is owned by someone else, and they have no control over it, will not stand up. This is not some forum where a person can make things up, use ridiculous arguments, and basically tell lies to get what they want. This is the law, and if it were just so easy as pretending that the website is not the fault of Bennett and Butler, but of another person, is just not going to wear it.

This is not over. Not by a long shot.
avatar
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Age : 53
Location : Outback, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by rosemary on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:18 am

I agree Dianeh. There are such things as legal definitions like "adhering to the spirit of the law"- what Butler and Bennett are allowing sicko steve to do now is against the spirit and the letter of their agreement to accede to demands. If Carter Ruck allow this new site to go ahead without taking B&B to court on Monday morning, then it makes a mockery of themselves. I don´t think so.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Rosie on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:34 am

rosemary wrote:I agree Dianeh. There are such things as legal definitions like "adhering to the spirit of the law"- what Butler and Bennett are allowing sicko steve to do now is against the spirit and the letter of their agreement to accede to demands. If Carter Ruck allow this new site to go ahead without taking B&B to court on Monday morning, then it makes a mockery of themselves. I don´t think so.

If Bennett and Butler do not stop this nonsense over the weekend, they will be served with a writ on Monday 5th october 2009.

Now Butler may think Bennett is clever, but unless she wants to lose everything she needs to go and get urgent legal advice over the weekend, because come Monday, she is in hot water and so is Bennett. Very, very hot!

This is utter foolhardy, do they honestly think an *INTERNATIONAL* firm of top notch libel lawyers are going to fall for this one? Are they complete idiots? Carter-Ruck have probably already pre-empted this, which is why the writ is already prepared and ready for court on Monday morning!

Bennett, you really are a class A narcissistic fool!

_________________
no way
Goncalo Amaral Your Time Is Nearly Up!


"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
avatar
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:50 am

He's already broken the terms of the agreement he gave to CR, id say he is well and truly Carter Rucked, and he'll take butler down with him.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by calcite51 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:49 pm

I don't think this is the end of it either. It does my poor heart good to see Bennett and Butler running scare. It will also serve as notice to some of the other blogs that have written liabelous comments against the Drs. McCanns and some of the other Tapas 7.

We told you so!!
avatar
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by vee8 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:59 pm

Mulleena wrote:Tony Bennett Today at 23:25

Well, The Madeleine Foundation
website is no more, but The Madeleine Foundation itself is unaffected
by the McCanns' demands made via their libel Solicitors Carter-Ruck.
Our programme of meetings continues, starting with tomorrow's meeting
in Cardiff and our meeting in Manchester on 14 November.

Just a
small but important clarification about our wesbite - or our former
website, I should say. Stevo in the U.S. offered in the summer of 2008
to build and set up our website. He offered to be the webmaster. The
Madeleine Foundation paid appropriate domain name fees, hosting fees
etc. to Stevo for setting up and maintaining our website. Throughout
the past year several additional payments have been made to Stevo for
his actual expenses and his time.

It was agreed for reasons of
convenience that Stevo register the site in his own name from the
outset although it was always understood and agreed that The Madeleine
Foundation was the controlling force and had the right to determine its
content. We maintained the content of the website, until today, in a
certain manner which has won the respect of a great many people,
bearing in mind always that the main purpose of the exercise was to
discover the truth about and obtain justice for Madeleine, whom we did
not believe had been abdcuted.

This afternoon at around 4pm our
time Debbie Butler and I telephoned Stevo in America and informed him
that we had reluctantly been forced to agree to all the demands of the
McCanns, via Carter-Ruck, including that the madeleinefoundation.org
website be 'suspended permanently'.

Stevo's response was that as the registrant and 'owner' of www.madeleinefoundation.org,
he was now entitled to assert full control of the website and he has
now re-styled it "The Website Formerly Known as The Madeleine
Foundation".

This becomes clearer when you look at this exchange tonight on that website between Sharon Bradford and Stevo:
Sharon Bradford Says:

October 2nd, 2009 at 8:17 pm edit

This
does not have to be the end, there are other paths that can be taken to
push forward. Just remember this – out of bad, something good always
comes.

Madeleine McCann will get justice. The McCanns and their accomplices will, one way or the other, be punished for their misdeeds.

Stevo
Says: This website is owned by me. It always has been. As far as I know
it isn’t going anywhere. The domain name is the same and the site will
continue. Remember to try the new chat page for real-time online chat.

************************************

I
must make it clear, therefore, in line with our decision to inform
Carter-Ruck by their deadline of close of play today that we hve
acceded to all of their demands, that The Madeleine Foundation neither
owns nor controls nor indeed has any say whatsoever in the content of
the website currently to be found at www.madeleinefoundation.org

THE DECISION TO ACCEDE TO CARTER-RUCK'S DEMANDS

Debbie and will explain this in full in due course.

Today began at 4.00 am for Debbie and 5.00 am for me as we had an appointment with Kirwans Solicitors, Liverpool at 11.00am.

The
meeting was with Partners David Kirwan and Michael Sandys, Solicitor
Julia Kirwan and Media Advisor Nick Mason and lasted four hours with
three short interruptions.

Clear advice was given that because
of the high degree of uncertainty in libel litigation, no guarantee
could be given that if we defended a libel suit, we would win. It was
emphasised in graphic terms by one of the Partners that on a worst-case
scenario the outcome could mean complete financial ruin for both Debbie
and myself, with all our savings raided and court orders made to
recover the equity value each of us have in the homes we own. It was
also emphasised that Carter-Ruck had immense resources both within
their firm and beyond them, that they could sustain a case lasting many
weeks, and that to defend the proceedings would require us to engage
libel lawyers at huge fees which neither of us could remotely afford to
pay.

We were further advised that correspondence between Kirwans
Solicitors and Carter-Ruck on 24, 25 and 29 September and 1 October
revealed a strong likelihood that Carter-Ruck had indeed already
drafted a libel writ and would be ready to walk into the High Court on
Monday (5th Oct) at 9.00am to issue a writ, unless we acceded to their
demands in full by close of play on Friday.
Accordingly we
telephoned Carter-Ruck at 3.14pm today and faxed them written notice of
our accession to the McCanns' demands at 3.25pm. Attempts to speak to
both Adam Tudor and Isabel Hudson, the two main Solicitors conducting
the litigation for carter-Ruck, failed as we were informed that 'the
entire department' was tied up in a meeting. That was still the case
when we telephoned again at 4.47pm to make absolutely sure that our fax
had been safely received.
Kirwans offered to assist us with
concluding written terms of settlement with the McCanns, via
Carter-Ruck, if we paid them a retainer of £5,000 plus VAT. After a
short period of consideration, Debbie and I decided that neither of us
could afford this. We offered the sum of £500.00 to Kirwans for their
advice to date which was accepted and paid by us. I should explain that
this was in respect of several hours of advice and assistance from
Kirwans during the period 24 September today, notably including a
sentence-by-sentence analysis of the '60 Reasons' book by Partner
Michael Sandsys, for which we are grateful.

As we cannot afford further legal help, we shall have to deal with any further correspondence with carter-Ruck ourselves.

That's all, and I have to be up again at 7.00am in order to make our Cardiff meeting tomorrow on time.

+++++++

P.S.
Thanks all of you for the nice messages received by e-mail, 'phone and
on the forums tonight and I am sorry that we felt we had no realistic
option but to yield to the enemy's overwhelmingly superior firepower.

Let's look at the C-R demands again.

Both of us have received letters making the following six key demands:

1. To permanently take down our website at www.madeleinefoundation.org
2. To deliver up to Carter-Ruck all outstanding copies of the booklet “What Really Happened to Madeleine McCann? – 60 Reasons which suggest that she was not abducted”
3. To deliver up to Carter-Ruck all outstanding copies of the leaflet: “What Really Happened to Madeleine McCann? – 10 Key Reasons which suggest that she was not abducted”
4. To erase all electronic copies of both the booklet and the leaflet
5. To use our best endeavours to remove all allegedly defamatory postings by either of us on any website, forum or blog, and
6. To permanently cease from making any further allegedly defamatory statements about the McCanns.


C-R demanded b&b do all of this themselves. It is therefore beholding on the pair of them to fulfill those demands FULLY, or face the concequences. They have been ordered to erase all electronic copies of the booklet and leaflet. Sorry to drag copyright into this, but bennett wrote those leaflets, together with most of what is written on the website, not stevo, so it is within bennett's power to order stevo to take down the website as he owns the copyright. Further, if he makes one defamatory statement at today's 'meeting' he is in breach of the order, and can be arrested for such. And I have not one shred of doubt that C-R know exactly where this meeting is taking place, and will have someone present, observing.
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:40 pm

Is Sharon Bradford the poisoned dwarf who stuck up all bennetts leaflets in bus shelters etc...?
Its pretty obvious all this was pre arranged even down to Bradfords poised question imo.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:52 pm

Words are cheap, actions speak louder than words and the actions of the err "new" MF website have just put one finger up at CR.

Let the writs commence!
avatar
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking news! bennett capitulates!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum