Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Amaral in bitterness

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amaral in bitterness

Post by Pedro Silva on Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18 am

Today, at the newspaper Barlavento Algarvio, from Algarve: The Earth Party Movement (EPM) considered today "an unacceptable restriction of rights, freedoms and guarantees" the court´s decision to suspend the sale of Amaral´s book. "For us is very worrying that under a court order, and we respect the court´s decision, there is a gag that is placed on a Portuguese citizen that prevents him from expressing himself, to speak. We think that is an unacceptable restriction to the rights, freedoms and guarantees of the citizens under Portuguese Constitution", said the Chairman of the EPM, Pedro Quartin Graça. The party leader this morning heard the arguments and complaints of Amaral, at a hearing requested by Amaral, concerning the suspension by judicial order about his book. "I asked audiences to all parties with representation in Parliament, including the political party I belong", said Amaral, who revealed "some bitterness for not having been received by his own party and have not received a response from other parties. "I look forward to the next few days. We will not shut up, and we will not stop talking about this situation of freedom of speech of seeing limited my rights", Amaral added.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5566
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Amaral in bitterness

Post by vee8 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 am

Cry baby!
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:43 am

Well, Pedro, it is good you know in advance these new (and old...) political parties' true colours, isn't it? Now we know for sure at least one party where NOT to vote.

As I'm writing, SIC tv is airing this same news. Some of the current politicians in this party came from PSD (social democrat), Amaral's party. Since the banning, Amaral has been trying to gain every party running up for elections to his side and have them protesting against the ban. I never saw so much convergence:NOONE agreed with him or said one single word (probably he wasn't even received by their senior people), just these second class ex-social democrats, craving for some publicity and importance. They don't have any representation on the Parliament.

Wide support, they say?
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:27 am

I agree with you my friend Maria. Gonzo is deluded, because I don´t see any of those parties to go against a judicial order, this is a time for elections and the parties are only interested in their campaigns.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaceful1 on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:52 am

Freedom of Speech is one thing, yes, but to write a book based on lies without evidence to back up those lies, is quite another IMO.
To start a Foundation based on the same lies, hound an innocent family and hamper the search for a missing child?
So, Amaral thinks that is ok to do that?
Some cop he is! NOT (Was)
Peaceful1
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1104
Registration date : 2009-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:47 am

Freedom of Speech is NOT the right to slander or libel.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:42 pm

I agree with you both my friends Peaceful1 and Dianeh.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:00 pm

As the judge put it, there were two constitutional rights in conflict: freedom of speech and the right to a reputation. The McCann family are accused, judged and condemned outside a courtroom in that book. The judge had to weight between the two rights: she deemed the later more important, so she ruled accordingly. At last, in this Country, we have a judge who takes people, real people, rights' first.

And this is not a political issued, it really is a police and justice affair. Trying to mix the two together just shows, once more, what Amaral is set for, he stated it in that interview that sparked is kick out of PJ: attack the government and everybody at hand that could mean support to or agreement with it.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:06 am

Very true, Maria. In some of the (poor, automated) Portuguese to English translations, it seems that "reputation" was translated as "personality" or something like that. I take from your post what the judge means in Portuguese is reputation?

How I wish I knew Portuguese....
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:25 am

Yes Bluj, reputation.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jean on Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:38 am

Every step he makes that man is going further and further in the mire. He is in trouble up to his neck. When will he learn to shut up??

jean
Master
Master

Number of posts : 474
Registration date : 2008-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 pm

I thought of putting up a new topic, but this one seems allright to me.

Yesterday, while or after the McCanss were giving a press conference in Lisbon stating once more their belief that their daughter was alive and needed to be found, convicted criminal Gonçalo Amaral was in Spain near to the portuguese border giving an interview to TVRecord (brasilian) a cable tv operating in Portugal. I haven't watched it, as my satelite doesn't get it and also I wasn't aware, but I'm sure JM will transcribe it in full later. It is on 24horas front page anyway.

I wonder if this man is following your TB steps, defying court orders and even having the nerve of involving other countries on his demented actions. I wonder.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:53 am

There it is, JM article.

Forbidden to speak about his version of the Maddie Case, which puts the parents at the origin of the child's disappearance, the former Inspector gives an interview to TV Record, in Spain.

Silenced in Portugal, Gonçalo Amaral went to Ayamonte, Spain, to tell again his version of Maddie's story, exposed in his book «The Truth of the Lie».

The Former Inspector of the Maddie Case bypassed in this way the injunction that prevents him to speak freely on the thesis of the child's death and the concealment of the corpse by her parents. However, the daily Press today reveals that the ban to Gonçalo Amaral will be enforced anywhere in the world.[this could only be achieved if the McCanns process Mr. Amaral in every Civil Court of every and each Country, no Court has jurisdiction to forbid a Citizen to speak abroad]

The McCann were in Lisbon yesterday in a meeting with their lawyers to proceed with the reopening of the inquest* to their daughter's disappearance and «refresh the searches». The Couple refused to make any comments regarding their conflict with the former PJ inspector.

Gonçalo Amaral's interview to TV Record will be broadcast in 70 Countries, the date is still unknown.

in TVI24

*This is a gross mistake, the McCanns confessed that "they wished to reopen the process", obviously they won't even bother to try to reopen the process, which they could as it's in their legal right as assistants to the process. They could, for example, answer the PJ questions or request that an official reconstruction of the events of 3rd of May 2007 is made. The Public Ministry would no doubt reopen the process to the investigation of Madeleine Beth McCann' disappearance again.

maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by calcite51 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:33 am

Maria, do you think the lawyers for TV Record are ensuring there will be NO legal repercussion for them if they broadcast Amaral's interview?
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:51 am

Calcite

I think that they are not very worried about that. They are a brazilian company and used to all types of law 'run overs' and briberies and all. In fact, they are a tv version of the tabloid papers everywhere. They gamble. I don't think however that they will show the interview 'over 70 countries', as matter of fact who may be interested in that interview? I'm not even sure that they broadcast to 70 countries... May be, brazilian emmigration...

I put this pieces up for you to evalute the 'calibre' of the man. And the respect that our courts enjoy and how strong they are. Or perceived, anyway.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 am

this could only be achieved if the McCanns process Mr. Amaral in every Civil Court of every and each Country, no Court has jurisdiction to forbid a Citizen to speak abroad

I dont think that is strictly true, because although he has spoken in another country, it cannot be shown in Portugal, or he is in breach of the injunction.

I think his interpretation of the law may just be a bit of wishful thinking. It appears clear that the problem with the international internet libel, is not that the libel occurs but in punishing those that did it. So for eg, some nutjob in the US defaming the McCanns are still defaming them in Britain because the published material is accessed in Britain, but the problem is prosecuting them because they are not in Britain. The US nutjob is not exempt from the law because they are in another country. IT is the logistics of applying the law that is the issue.

And I think that just because Amaral did the broadcast in another country doesnt exempt him from the Portuguese legal system if it is broadcast in Portugal. Another thing is once he loses that libel case in Portugal, it will make it very difficult to publish or broadcast that material in any other European country, as it will have been shown to be libellous within an EU member state.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am

A quick question.

Amaral didnt go to Bennett for his legal advice did he????
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top