Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:36 am

OK Chaos raptors has it all. Reactions from Portugal.......what you would expect.outraged. But can do nada.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:05 am

I get the distinct feeling that Amaral is attempting to turn this banning into a major international political issue.......the road down to hell is beginning to appear before him. I did once say he is like a mad dog and no, he will not be silenced i.e. he will want to go down screaming about others involved, he will not go alone or quietly.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by vee8 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:14 am

]Rosiepops wrote:Here is the link to the video, Gerry looks absolutely shattered and distressed, this whole family need protection from the Amarals, the Bennetts and the Butlers.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090909/video/vwl-gerry-mccann-banned-book-caused-dist-89eb865.html

The emotion in his voice was palpable, poor bloke.
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by calcite51 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:42 am

I just watched the video - how totally heartbreaking! I'm very concerned watching Gerry - he's lost some weight and he seems to be carrying the world on his shoulder.

I just hope Madeleine is found soon because this is definitely taking a toll on this family and it's heartbreaking to watch.
avatar
calcite51
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 830
Location : Canada
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Pedro Silva on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:31 am

I agree with you my friends Vee and calcite51.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Catkins on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:34 am

calcite51 wrote:I just watched the video - how totally heartbreaking! I'm very concerned watching Gerry - he's lost some weight and he seems to be carrying the world on his shoulder.

I just hope Madeleine is found soon because this is definitely taking a toll on this family and it's heartbreaking to watch.
It is so very sad and wrong.....I really don't know how they survie it........
avatar
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:35 am

www.mccannfiles.com has all the press reports. According to a lawyer in Ireland this ban only applies to Portugese publishers. The book can still be sold by foreign publishers who have bought the rights already. So he will still be making money from it?

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Catkins on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:35 am

rosemary wrote:I get the distinct feeling that Amaral is attempting to turn this banning into a major international political issue.......the road down to hell is beginning to appear before him. I did once say he is like a mad dog and no, he will not be silenced i.e. he will want to go down screaming about others involved, he will not go alone or quietly.

I'm sincerely hopeing that they are giving him enough rope as they say................
avatar
Catkins
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1829
Location : UK
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:38 am

And of course although the Documentary is banned from TV they can´t stop it being shown on the Internet. Mccannfiles has them all. The laws have a lot of catching up to do eh?

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Rosie on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:35 am

There is such a thing as 'copyright' and copyright is a very complex law, what we should remember is that;

1) This is the very first legal step

2) The copyright has been given to the McCann's lawyers

I am not an expert on copyright law and by the sound of it, neither is the lawyer in Ireland, however, I would hedge a bet that because they now own the original copyright, they will be able to eventually force the end of production.

Equally, the McCanns legal team is extremely pleased that they have been successful in obtaining this injunction, because it is actually paving the way for their libel case which will be coming up soon.

Also what we have to consider is that Amaral has been prevented from speaking about it and giving any interviews about it, so he has already broken the law. Also consider that he is already serving an 18 month suspended prison sentence, if the Portuguese suspended sentencing is like our own, Amaral is now in contempt of his prison sentence, this could actually see him being sent to prison!

So hang on and watch this space.

I also have it on very good authority that Amaral is seriously ticking off the powers that be in Portugal, they are now finding him a liability and an embarrassment.

More, Amaral has been charged with torturing another witness, under Portuguese law, this means there is probably a 90% chance of him being found guilty at his trial, if and when he is found guilty, he will probably go to prison for around 12 years. Amaral is in serious trouble and as I have been spot on regarding him, all I can say is I hope he likes prison food!

Also as a little aside, look at how many people in authority Amaral is seriously annoying in his country, they are going to be waiting for a chance of putting him out of the public eye!

Amaral alone is destroying Portugal's reputation.

_________________
no way
Goncalo Amaral Your Time Is Nearly Up!


"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
avatar
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:40 am

I believe you are correct Rosie. He is awaiting a prison sentence, has been banned from speaking about his book and is already in contempt of this and is trying to stir up a massive amount of internal trouble. The sensible people in authority will want him silenced whether he likes it or not. He is as you say dragging the good name of Portugal through the mud.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by vee8 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:05 am

Just check out the ticker in my signature, below. I said within a year, and it looks like I could be right, with time to spare!
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by dianeh on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 am

The copyright question is one I posed yesterday. Is this the world wide copyright, which is what I would expect if they have been granted the original copyright, ie that is it was originally done in Portugal, and now belongs to the McCanns.

That I think would make any transfer of copyright to other countries void, as the copyright was granted by someone who had not right to do it. However, this is just speculation on my part, and only some one versed in international copyright law would know the effect. And on that, I have no reason to doubt the British press on this, as they do have access to international copyright experts, as that is part of the business they are in.

However, I have also read that the injunction is for 30 days only, awaiting the outcome of the libel case against Amaral. I have been unable to confirm this, as I read it on another forum. But if Amaral loses the libel case, then the copyright would pass permanently to the McCanns. Additionally, they have the copyright NOW, and so can act as they see fit, NOW.
avatar
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Age : 53
Location : Outback, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Chaosraptors has AnnaRacoon´s explicit article on the actual state of affairs re the book. Clear and concise and very helpful.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:56 pm

PS Someone on Sky made the point that reason Amaral is still adamant it will be published in UK is because he may have signed a contract with an English Publisher before the ruling. But if the copyright is now in the hands of the McCann´s lawyers how does this effect that? Am still unclear.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by vee8 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:47 pm

rosemary wrote:PS Someone on Sky made the point that reason Amaral is still adamant it will be published in UK is because he may have signed a contract with an English Publisher before the ruling. But if the copyright is now in the hands of the McCann´s lawyers how does this effect that? Am still unclear.

Has gonzo ever told the truth? I mean ever?


As usual, he is talking out of his
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by maria on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:39 am

This is why it absolutely essential in my opinion to have the views of people like Maria, Pedro, Alex and Rosemary, because with the best will in the world, we sometimes miss things like "confidencial", most of us would just take it at the words face value, of course when it is pointed out in this context it opens up a much deeper meaning and we begin to understand the true significance.

Well, I think that there is more about this book cover than the 'confidential' word. As matter of fact, the whole thing is, if I'm not mistaken, the reproduction of a folder, the very same type PJ could use to keep the proofs, indices, results of their inquiries. As an 'under investigation' information folder it would be marked confidential, worn out (see the right upper corner?), eventually have a picture of the victim. Also, it would say which inquest (number, code) it refered to and possibly the name of the person in charge. So, giving the book the appearance of a real police folder is an attempt to give that s*** container the strength and the respectability that a police inquiry would transmit to any reader. More, it is a revolting attempt of saying that these are actual facts and findings.

Once more, the habit doesn't make the monk, as we say around here.
avatar
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 am

That last saying Maria is one I have never heard and once again, thankyou for it, I love it. So, the cover is meant to represent the whole SECRET File eh? Even worse.......

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Pedro Silva on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:12 am

I don´t understand, in my opinion, how can a book labelled in its cover "confidential" released in several countries? The way I see it, the book is not "confidential" at all, for me, is another lie from Gonzo.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by rosemary on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:22 am

It is a deception Pedro. meant to excite people into believing they are reading a secret and confidential police file. Completely immoral and despicable and meant to make money.

rosemary
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 963
Location : spain
Registration date : 2009-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Pedro Silva on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:57 am

I agree with you my friend Rosemary, you´re absolutely right.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5571
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Tinkerbell43 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:08 am

maria wrote:
This is why it absolutely essential in my opinion to have the views of people like Maria, Pedro, Alex and Rosemary, because with the best will in the world, we sometimes miss things like "confidencial", most of us would just take it at the words face value, of course when it is pointed out in this context it opens up a much deeper meaning and we begin to understand the true significance.

Well, I think that there is more about this book cover than the 'confidential' word. As matter of fact, the whole thing is, if I'm not mistaken, the reproduction of a folder, the very same type PJ could use to keep the proofs, indices, results of their inquiries. As an 'under investigation' information folder it would be marked confidential, worn out (see the right upper corner?), eventually have a picture of the victim. Also, it would say which inquest (number, code) it refered to and possibly the name of the person in charge. So, giving the book the appearance of a real police folder is an attempt to give that s*** container the strength and the respectability that a police inquiry would transmit to any reader. More, it is a revolting attempt of saying that these are actual facts and findings.

Once more, the habit doesn't make the monk, as we say around here.


Spot on Maria. That is exactly how I interpret that front cover too.
avatar
Tinkerbell43
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1473
Age : 53
Registration date : 2008-04-18

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by clairesy on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:30 am

its bizarre that he was even allowed to be working on the madeleine case let alone go on to write a book.They threw him off the case for failing to do a proper job yet stood by and watched as he proceeded to write a book???Surly that is not allowed? Portugal's laws are making more work for themselves by working this way.They should have suspended him from work the moment suspicions rose over the Joana case.That way all of this would have been avoided.By allowing him to continue with his job subsequently put others at risk.
avatar
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Age : 32
Location : uk
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Zavvi on Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:50 am

vee8 wrote:Just check out the ticker in my signature, below. I said within a year, and it looks like I could be right, with time to spare!
Can see the front page now Vee...what divine retribution  
avatar
Zavvi
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 91
Location : Lancashire
Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Rosie on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:25 am

Zavvi wrote:
vee8 wrote:Just check out the ticker in my signature, below. I said within a year, and it looks like I could be right, with time to spare!
Can see the front page now Vee...what divine retribution

Now that looks about right!

_________________
no way
Goncalo Amaral Your Time Is Nearly Up!


"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
avatar
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: GONCALO AMARAL'S BOOK ORDERED TO BE WITHDRAWN

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum