Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

find these 20 pence coins and get 50 quid for returning them!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

find these 20 pence coins and get 50 quid for returning them!!!!

Post by clairesy on Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:56 pm

Thousands of Brits with a new 20p in their pockets could find themselves 50 richer after a mix-up at the Royal Mint.

The coins were accidentally minted without a date Around 200,000 of the coins have rocketed in value after the manufacturer admitted it had forgotten to put a date on them. They are worth 50 if immediately returned, but are set to rise even further in value because of their rarity. Nick Hart, of the London Mint, said: "If you hunt around and find one you're extremely lucky. "Mistakes like this not only fascinate people but also have considerable value-increase significance." Workers at the mint have been left with their tails between their
legs after leaving the date stamp off the heads side of the coins.

The error occurred amid the production of a newly-designed 20p piece.

The mint has issued a recall both to remove the coins from circulation and to keep track of them.

Lucky owners are asked to register their details at www.undated20p.com and then post the dateless coin back.

Alternatively, those looking to keep their new-found collectable can register and request a presentation box.

Mr Hart put an optimistic slant on the mint's "extremely rare error".

"(It) will certainly get the public looking at the coins in their
pockets again and noticing the excellent new designs launched by the
Royal Mint on our coinage," he said.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: find these 20 pence coins and get 50 quid for returning them!!!!

Post by sadie on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:54 am

Dang! I had one of those and commented to the person I passed it on to as to its strangeness! :annoygnat:
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:00 am

sadie wrote:Dang! I had one of those and commented to the person I passed it on to as to its strangeness! :annoygnat:

shootmyself

then you just lost 50 quid sadie....think there's 200.000 of them in circulation....

I have had a few of the new coins although not one without the actual date on it(or at least i wasnt aware if i did!!)

.But i will be looking for them for now on.You never know!!!
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:56 am

Just rummaged in the wifes purse, (No point looking in my pocket, I'm always broke!) but no such luck! And now that the news is out you can bet your chances of finding one now are somewhere between nothing and zero!
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:09 am

you should see how much those 20p coins are going for on ebay!!!! one guy payed a grand for 7 of them they are bidding them up over a hundred quid and some are asking for thousands.And i mean thousands last week one guy wanted half a million for one.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top