Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Maria can you help? Re Catriona Baker

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Maria can you help? Re Catriona Baker

Post by Cath on Wed May 06, 2009 9:34 am

Maria can I ask you to have a look at Cat Baker's statements?
There's no need to translate them, but I was looking at the translations on Pamalam's site.
In her rog interview Cat was reading her translated original statement and she said she wanted to clarify something. In the original statement it was mentioned that Madeleine offered more attention to the boys in the club. She (Cat) said in her rog that she doesn't remember having made such an affirmation given that Madeleine passed the majority of her time playing with Jane Tanner's daughter.

Then I had a look at the first statement and I couldn't find the part about Madeleine playing with the boys. (little girls playing with boys isn't strange or suspicious imo, but the fact it isn't in that statement makes me wonder if someone altered it after her rogatory statement) Oh and mr Murat was the translator at her first statement. So could you please check the Portuguese version of her first statement if it says anything about her playing with other children?

And something else makes me a bit suspicious about some of the translations that are published.
Anna's translation of Cat's first statement says at certain moments, it seemed to her that the little girl was sad or unhappy without saying anything in particular about being cross, sad or unhappy about whatever it was.

Ines' translation though says In the short time that Madeleine was in her care, she did not seem unsatisfied or sad, and was not aware of any feelings of anger, sadness or discontent.

Could you please check who's right, Anna or Ines?

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/PJ/CATRIONA-TREASA.htm

Thanks in advance.

(now I'm going to play with the smilies)

bowb4u thankyou :sendingulove: foryou

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Maria can you help? Re Catriona Baker

Post by maria on Wed May 06, 2009 9:16 pm

1. The first statement from Catriona on the 6th May states that 'In what concerns specifically to the little girl, she states that she was very active and sociable, paying however more attention to the children in the group where she belonged (Lobster Team).'

In portuguese, there are (at least) two words to express more than one child, one is 'crianças' (children) an undefined gender noun, and 'meninos', plural of 'menino', little boy. This second way of plural is the norm in all situations: you have 'parents' that translate into 'pais' which is really 'fathers', etc. The sentence in the statement is clear :Madeleine was sociable BUT she was closer to her own group. Only a bad or in bad faith translator would translate 'meninos do grupo a que pertencia' by 'little boys'.

2. The same statement is VERY clear: 'She also states that during the period when Madeleine was under her care, not at any moment, did the little girl appear sad or unhappy, not even having made any comments in relation with being angry, sad with someone or unhappy about something'.

I understand that this translation of mine is not the best english you have ever read, but it is truthful.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Cath on Wed May 06, 2009 10:47 pm

flower Thank you very, very much Maria. A bad or in bad faith acting translator, can do a lot of harm. Think I'll keep my eyes wide open when I see any of her translations again.

PS my english isn't the best english you have ever read either. ;)

Cath
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 722
Registration date : 2009-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie on Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 pm

maria wrote:1. The first statement from Catriona on the 6th May states that 'In what concerns specifically to the little girl, she states that she was very active and sociable, paying however more attention to the children in the group where she belonged (Lobster Team).'

In portuguese, there are (at least) two words to express more than one child, one is 'crianças' (children) an undefined gender noun, and 'meninos', plural of 'menino', little boy. This second way of plural is the norm in all situations: you have 'parents' that translate into 'pais' which is really 'fathers', etc. The sentence in the statement is clear :Madeleine was sociable BUT she was closer to her own group. Only a bad or in bad faith translator would translate 'meninos do grupo a que pertencia' by 'little boys'.

2. The same statement is VERY clear: 'She also states that during the period when Madeleine was under her care, not at any moment, did the little girl appear sad or unhappy, not even having made any comments in relation with being angry, sad with someone or unhappy about something'.

I understand that this translation of mine is not the best english you have ever read, but it is truthful.

Oh this whole thing is so wicked. now we are getting loaded translations. More Red Herrings; the actual abductor may be someone local, but there has to be someone BIG behind this. Too many red herrings, too many people whistling the abductors tune and too many organised anti mccann things going on for it to have casually happened. nono

Someone BIG is organising all this and this costs - so it is someone with money, or a lot of clout, or both.

That the McCanns have had to stand all this cr*p on top of losing their daughter; it just doesn't bear thinking about walkinghomecrying
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Thank you so much for your translations, Maria.
It's those like you who help us uni-lingual people out.

So who was trying to twist the nanny's statement then? Murat or the PJ? Or someone on the 3As?
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2009-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:54 pm

ALL of the above, unless you're bent it, who accuses her of lying.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by maria on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:23 pm

No Vee, Murat translations is correct and polite. It is all the other that are misleading, purposedly or not.
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:30 pm

Morning Maria, you have a PM

xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:51 pm

so the PJ and/or 3As....what kind of stake must a forum have in an investigation to make up or mislead a police investigation?
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:02 pm

bluj1515 wrote:so the PJ and/or 3As....what kind of stake must a forum have in an investigation to make up or mislead a police investigation?

Precisely bluj. What's going on? Who has an agenda?

And why?
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bluj1515 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:36 am

Pedophilia? Money? Xenophobia? Institutionalized Corruption?
bluj1515
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:17 am

bluj1515 wrote:Pedophilia? Money? Xenophobia? Institutionalized Corruption?

Seems we are wondering the same things highfive
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top