Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Madeleine McCann may have forgotten who she was, claims top criminal expert

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine McCann may have forgotten who she was, claims top criminal expert

Post by clairesy on Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Madeleine McCann may not remember who she is two years on from
vanishing during a family holiday to Portugal, a British crime expert
believes.The British girl, just three when she disappeared,
could have a new identity and speak a different language, according to
the top criminologist.
Speaking on the second anniversary of
her disappearance, Professor David Canter said Madeleine was very
likely to have erased her former identity with parents Kate and Gerry.'You could call out Madeleine to her and she wouldn't respond. She doesn't remember being that child,' he said.
Professor
Canter said Maddie could be anywhere in the world, speaking a different
language and looking completely different to how we know her.'Children
have what is called infantile amnesia, which means that before the age
of four they don't remember anything from the childhood,' he told The
Sun.
Ernie Allen of America's National Centre for Missing and
Exploited Children in Washington, said the age progression picture of
Madeleine, that he helped create, was the best hope of finding her.'The life she has now is what she considers normal. She won't remember being Madeleine,' he said.However, detectives searching for Madeleine are still confident they can solve the case.
They say it is likely the family was watched for a week before she was abducted in a carefully planned operation.

Public appeal: Gerry and Kate McCann talk with
Oprah Winfrey about the search for their missing daughter Madeleine,
who may now have a different identity, two years after her disappearance

Gerry and Kate, were not at home last night as they marked the second anniversary of their daughter's disappearance in private.
Meanwhile, former detective inspector Dave Edgar, who leads the
family's investigation team, said inquiries continued to focus on Praia
da Luz. Madeleine, then aged three, vanished from a holiday apartment in the Portuguese resort.
Mr Edgar, who is being paid out of money donated to the McCanns, said: 'Someone local has the answer to this.
'It's a very self-contained resort and that's where I think the answer is.
'I don't think it was someone random. In my experience, random
just doesn't happen. Someone just doesn't go in and pick up a child and
take it. 'These things are planned. They may even have been watching the apartment for a week or more.'
Prayers were said for Madeleine at her parents' Roman Catholic church in Rothley, Leicestershire, yesterday.
Family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said: 'There's still not a
shred of evidence Madeleine has come to harm and their conviction she
will be found remains as strong as ever.' He confirmed funds raised to help find Madeleine are due to
run out by the end of the year, but that wealthy benefactors were
likely to provide more. The McCanns are determined to maintain a high profile in their search for their missing daughter.
Last week the couple, both doctors, gave an interview to
American television star Oprah Winfrey, and on Thursday a documentary
about the ongoing search is to be broadcast on Channel 4. It emerged at the weekend that the McCann's twins Sean and Amelie, four, talk about their missing sister every day.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine McCann may have forgotten who she was, claims top criminal expert

Post by Guest on Mon May 04, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi Clairesy,
I tend to agree to a certain extent with Professor David Canter...it is quite likely that if Madeleine is with another family her memory of her old life will be clouded. But I doubt if it has been totally erased. She will have visions of snippets of her old life still...even if she does not remember her name. But if she is found safe and well it will be a long haul for her parents...not just a case of her running into their open arms.

Last edited by Mum21 on Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by vee8 on Mon May 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Sorry but I don't believe she will have forgotten her name. That is one of a human's first and most indellible memory, you don't just forget it. I still stunn my own parents with stuff I can remember from when I was two years old, things like the colour of the curtains in our house, the wallpaper in my bedroom, random stuff like that. No, she knows who she is, even if at a subconcious level.
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon May 04, 2009 11:16 pm

It depends Vee on what she is called now. She was only three remember. Like you I can remember snippets of my childhood...but only snippets. I am not saying Madeleine has forgotten her name...but it is possible she has.

Back to top Go down

Post by sadie on Tue May 05, 2009 10:15 am

I can't disagree with any of you. My memory is not so good, but then it's been a long time!

Undoubtedly Madeleine is very intelligent, and has had an exciting time with her very gregarious Dad. I'm inclined to think she will remember some of it, even if only the riotous bits. Do hope she remembers both parents the same; it would be devastating for the one not remembered, if that were the case.

I really like the fact that the whole family talk about Madeleine; it will make it easier for the twins to come to terms with having an older sister again, at a reunion. How sad that so many of their formative years have been influenced by the sadness of their parents, which despite every effort, will certainly have affected them.

There is a saying:

"Give me a child until he is five and I will give you the man".

Let us hope that the people who have been her 'immediate family' have been good to her and given her decent standards of behaviour and respect for others, as well as love and kindness.

Only time will tell how she responds to life back in the uk with her family again. Something tells me that acedemically she will soon catch up.
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by dianeh on Tue May 05, 2009 11:34 am

I am on the opposite side here, I doubt that Madeleine will remember her family, not unless she is encouraged to do so by her captors.

But that doesnt mean that she wont recover memories when she is returned to her parents. What I mean is that she may not remember them now while away from them, but after she is back, things will come back to her.
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 05, 2009 6:25 pm

I agree with you Diane, 2 years is a very long time in the life of a small child. But as you say...time will bring back some of those forgottem memories.

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Tue May 05, 2009 7:56 pm

Im sort of 50/50 on weather madeleine remembers or not.Although i will say this................its not 2 years without them that she as had..............

When madeleine was snatched and taken she wouldn't have had her memory snatched and taken to.For months that little girl probably thought of her mammy and daddy sean and amilie and wondered where they were.For months she would have thought of them and their house...her toys and her play mates. She would have been thinking of this a lot and probably wanting to be found and to be back with them.So in actual fact madeleine hasn't been away from them in her thoughts for 2 years as she as been physically. Who knows when (if) she as stopped thinking about them.But it hasn't been for the full TWO YEARS.

She maybe doesn't think of them as much anymore(which is sad) but im sure that if she saw them and was reunited with them the memories that lie beneath the surface for her that have only been under the surface for a year maybe even less would come flooding back. At least i hope.The longer she stays away though the more those memories will fade to the back of her mind.But as i said at the moment madeleine would probably be able to recollect a lot of the memories she as of them. She wouldn't have stopped thinking of the on the 3rd of may 07 when she was taken.........its possible that she only stopped thinking and hoping to see them again only months ago.So therefore its only been a matter of months and not 2 years that madeleine as sort of given up or let go and carried on with what life she as been given now.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by WibbleWobble on Wed May 06, 2009 1:49 am

I feel that when Madeleine does return to her loving family what ever she does and does not remember will come back to her in time. She will be surrounded by love and I'm sure Sean and Ameiala will be a big help. Roll on that day
WibbleWobble
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top