Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

MISSING ADULTS: CLUADIA LAWRENCE

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MISSING ADULTS: CLUADIA LAWRENCE

Post by clairesy on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:21 pm

I thought i would open a thread dedicated to missing persons who may not be children. I was watching the news earlier on a missing person case and it brought a tear to my eye. When kids go missing it seems to hit the news and becomes a topic of conversation amongst people etc. But for an adult it doesn't seem to be such a major issue(for some deluded reason).
But i felt really sorry this woman's family and cant imagine the pain they are going through. Everyone deserves to be found and brought home regardless of their ages or circumstances.Something her mum said which i totally agree with.................

''our children,not matter how old they,are still the most precious things in our lives''

Claudia mother makes new appeal

Claudia Lawrence was last seen making her way home from work

The mother of missing chef Claudia
Lawrence has pleaded for help to find her
daughter, describing the
ordeal as "every parent's worst nightmare".

In a police statement, Joan Lawrence said she wanted to make a
further appeal to anyone who could help to come forward with any
information.

Detectives are now treating the disappearance of Miss Lawrence, 35, who was last seen on 18 March, as murder.

"We are devastated and miss and love her so much," said Mrs Lawrence.

Her daughter was last seen near her home after leaving the University of York's Goodricke College, where she works as a chef.

Our children, no matter how old they are, are still the most precious things in our lives

Claudia's mother Joan Lawrence

In her appeal, Mrs Lawrence said: "The situation I find myself in is every parent's worst nightmare.

"Our children, no matter how old they are, are still the most precious things in our lives.

"I am blessed with two beautiful daughters, not only beautiful on the outside, but inside as well.

"I wish to appeal for help to you all, whoever you are.

"The response so far has been fantastic but unfortunately as we speak, our attempts have been unsuccessful in finding Claudia.

"Come forward with any information no matter how insignificant or trivial [you] think it may be."

Miss Lawrence last spoke to her father and mother on the evening of 18 March

At his weekly news conference, Miss Lawrence's father Peter
re-appealed for a man who may hold vital information about his
daughter's disappearance to get in touch.

Officers want to speak to a man and a woman seen on Melrosegate Bridge at 0535 GMT on Thursday, 19 March.

The couple were seen near an electricity substation on the route which Miss Lawrence normally took to walk to work.

Mr Lawrence, 62, said the man may have a totally innocent explanation, but it was important for him to get in touch.

The man was wearing dark combat trousers and was said to be skinny
and was smoking a cigarette with his left hand, which has been
described as "unusual".

The woman was said to have mousey hair and was wearing a blue jacket.

Police said they did not know if it was Miss Lawrence but described it as a "significant sighting".

Mr Lawrence said: "Somebody else must know who that [man] is from
the description; husband, partner, brother, neighbour, workmate.

"We really need to know, even if it is just to eliminate."

Crimestoppers has put up a 10,000 reward in connection with the investigation.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: MISSING ADULTS: CLUADIA LAWRENCE

Post by clairesy on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:22 pm

clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:35 am

Mother 'stands up' for missing Claudia

Published Date:
04 September 2009

The mother of missing Claudia Lawrence has defended her daughter's private life following lurid allegations about a string of affairs with married men.

Joan Lawrence, 66, has allowed her ex-husband Peter, 62, to lead the campaign to keep 35-year-old Claudia in the public eye.

But now she has said the time has come to "stand up" for her daughter, who has not been seen since she vanished from York in march

Mrs Lawrence, of Norton, near Malton, said: "It's time to stand up for Claudia. Anyone who really knows her knows that 90 per cent of what's been said about her isn't true."Imagine what it's like, losing your daughter and then all this rubbish coming out. It's bad enough
that she's missing without blackening her name. What good is it going to do?

"You never imagine something like this is going to happen to you. She is lovely, she has beautiful brown eyes, and is so talented with what she does as a chef. I always told her I was proud of her. We were close. We tried to see each other every week and wander round the shops."

Mrs Lawrence added that the absence of a card from Claudia to mark her birthday a few weeks ago underlined the reality of her disappearance. She said: "People say I'm doing very well to cope, but they don't see how I feel inside. My birthday brought it home. You
hope against hope that a card will come. Mothering Sunday was the same there was no word. It makes it even harder." Since her separation from her husband, Mrs Lawrence launched a small catering business but has put that on hold as she concentrates on the search for her daughter.

She is now planning to talk to the family of missing Madeleine McCann and may also enter the speaking circuit to spread the word about Claudia.

In spite of a huge operation by North Yorkshire Police, a string of appeals and the offer of a 10,000 reward the disappearance remains a mystery.
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clairesy on Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:41 am

Well done joan,never give up finding her because she as to be out there somewhere.Someone knows whats happened her.I would be doing exactly the same for my child if she went missing no matter how old she is.

I think that also talking to the Mccans is fabulous idea,not only does she get some guidance on what to do and how to go about getting to the bottom of what has happened to Claudia she is also going to get some publicity for her daughter.Which of course will help keep her face and plight in the public's eye.
Good news a good move and i hope that she soon finds out what has happened to her.

clapping clapping clapping
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Silva on Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:09 am

I agree with you my friend Clairesy, well done.
highfive

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5572
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top