Justice 4 ALL Madeleine McCann Family
You need to be a member of this forum in order to view its entire contents.
We welcome applications to join the forum from genuine caring compassionate people that wish to support Mr Mrs McCann in their never ending resolve to finding their daughter Madeleine and bringing her back home where she truly belongs.

All applicants are checked out so people with no sense, no moral compass, no rationality and only half a brain cell and even less grip on reality and who are devoid of all logic - need NOT apply!
This also applies to ex-members, who no longer want to be members, yet spend their lives viewing this forum and telling people they no longer want to be members.
This is said without prejudice with no one in particular in mind.

Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by clairesy on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:03 am

christabel wrote:I could hazzard a guess Claire bellylaugh

But I think Mufti Day is a none uniform day for school children raising funds highfive

yer your right chris!!! LOL.......i would have loved to see what Rosie thought it was though!LOL....

oh well never mind...im off now anyways....gonna have me a cup of coffee and a muffin,aint had a muffin for sometime now!!! Laffin Laffin
avatar
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Age : 32
Location : uk
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by dianeh on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:09 am

Claire

It is spelt MUFTI, at least that is how we spell it here.

And it is a casual dress day. When I worked in the office, we used to have a mufti day every friday.
avatar
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Age : 53
Location : Outback, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by dianeh on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:16 am

And on topic, I did say that I doubted Amaral had 'demanded' anything of Oprah, and that this was just an unsustantiated claim. NOw it seems that Amaral never made the claim, just 24 Horus (???).

And I did have a little giggle to myself at the article above complaining that the British press always refers to him as disgraced detective etc. Well, you know, that is because that is what he is. He is after all on trial, and he was dismissed from the case, and then he resigned from the PJ. Hard to think of him as anything other than a disgraced policeman. That is what he would be if here were here in Australia and circumstances were the same. If he were here in Australia, he also wouldnt get a look in on any tv shows, and no one would promote his book, and he would most likely be declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying the McCanns after he lost the libel suit that would without doubt be forthcoming.
avatar
dianeh
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3465
Age : 53
Location : Outback, Australia
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by sadie on Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:35 am

dianeh wrote:And on topic, I did say that I doubted Amaral had 'demanded' anything of Oprah, and that this was just an unsustantiated claim. NOw it seems that Amaral never made the claim, just 24 Horus (???).

And I did have a little giggle to myself at the article above complaining that the British press always refers to him as disgraced detective etc. Well, you know, that is because that is what he is. He is after all on trial, and he was dismissed from the case, and then he resigned from the PJ. Hard to think of him as anything other than a disgraced policeman. That is what he would be if here were here in Australia and circumstances were the same. If he were here in Australia, he also wouldnt get a look in on any tv shows, and no one would promote his book, and he would most likely be declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying the McCanns after he lost the libel suit that would without doubt be forthcoming.

And you forgot to say, dianeh that when he packed up to leave the Portomao PJ Office where he had worked for years - nobody, NOBODY gave him a send off. That's pretty indicative!
avatar
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Location : UK
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Well done Oprah

Post by christabel on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Seems like the programme recording went very well.



By ANTONELLA LAZZERI

Published: Today





KATE McCann wept last night as she told TV’s Oprah Winfrey she did not recognise photos of how missing daughter Maddie would look now.



But Kate insisted she WOULD know Maddie — who will be six next month — if she saw her in the street.

Kate, 41, and husband Gerry, 40, appeared on the US chat queen’s show to mark two years since Maddie vanished on holiday in Portugal — just days before her fourth birthday.

Computer-generated images of Maddie aged six in a blue dress flashed on to a giant screen as the show was recorded in front of a studio audience in Chicago.

The pictures were created by experts at Virginia’s National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.

Audience member Chris Myers, 43, said: “Kate told Oprah she felt Madeleine was still alive.

“Oprah and Kate were very emotional. Kate broke down on two occasions.

"Oprah had to wipe tears away from her eyes at least three times. The atmosphere inside the studio was very sad.”

Fellow audience member Amy Mundwiler, 33, added: “Everyone watching them felt their pain.”

Oprah will also spend a day in Britain with Gerry and Kate, from Rothley, Leics, and their twins Sean and Amelie, four.

The show — to be screened in 144 countries — goes out in the US on May 4, a day after the anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance.
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by sadie on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:14 pm

christabel wrote:Seems like the programme recording went very well.



By ANTONELLA LAZZERI

Published: Today





KATE McCann wept last night as she told TV’s Oprah Winfrey she did not recognise photos of how missing daughter Maddie would look now.



But Kate insisted she WOULD know Maddie — who will be six next month — if she saw her in the street.

Kate, 41, and husband Gerry, 40, appeared on the US chat queen’s show to mark two years since Maddie vanished on holiday in Portugal — just days before her fourth birthday.

Computer-generated images of Maddie aged six in a blue dress flashed on to a giant screen as the show was recorded in front of a studio audience in Chicago.

The pictures were created by experts at Virginia’s National Centre for Missing and Exploited Children.

Audience member Chris Myers, 43, said: “Kate told Oprah she felt Madeleine was still alive.

“Oprah and Kate were very emotional. Kate broke down on two occasions.

"Oprah had to wipe tears away from her eyes at least three times. The atmosphere inside the studio was very sad.”

Fellow audience member Amy Mundwiler, 33, added: “Everyone watching them felt their pain.”

Oprah will also spend a day in Britain with Gerry and Kate, from Rothley, Leics, and their twins Sean and Amelie, four.

The show — to be screened in 144 countries — goes out in the US on May 4, a day after the anniversary of Maddie’s disappearance.

Such good news. Let's hope that it gets through to some of the 3A idiots and Bennett.

Bet Amaral is as sick as a pig! thumbsup2
avatar
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Location : UK
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by Rosie on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:10 am

LOL Clairesy, I did know what MUFTI day is, isn't that when a muff wears a tie? ie Mufti? Laffin Laffin Laffin

_________________
no way
Goncalo Amaral Your Time Is Nearly Up!


"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
avatar
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by Rosie on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:12 am

Back on topic:

Transcript from the radio programme

HC - …in a bit…we’ll manage to speak with him.

CF – We haven’t managed to establish contact yet, but… in a bit we’ll manage to talk to him.

Perhaps they should pop over to the 3 A's and see if he is posting on there, if not have a word with Nbrado Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

No worries I have found him for them, here he is: Ididn'tdoit

_________________
no way
Goncalo Amaral Your Time Is Nearly Up!


"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
avatar
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by Rosie on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:26 am

From the radio transcript:

called Gonçalo Amaral, GONCALA - a woman's name? - with the usual adjectives, disgraced, axed cop... This is neither the first nor the last time that we see serious unfounded and unsourced articles in both the Portuguese and in the British media.

Is he a lady man then?

He was sacked from the investigation for not doing his job properly.

He was caught and timed by an investigative journalist taking a 3 hour lunch break and drinking alcohol while on duty and then driving his little daughter in his car.

He was interviewed and then charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice

Concealing evidence of a torture

Perjury

he is now standing trial.

apart from him then taking early retirement from the police and has proceeded to make as many euros as he can out of Madeleine (and then he has the cheek to criticise the McCanns for seeking publicity to appeal for their daughter)

This makes him pretty disgraceful in my book and he would not be allowed anywhere near another case with this hanging over him, especially that of another missing child.

_________________
no way
Goncalo Amaral Your Time Is Nearly Up!


"RICARDO PAIVA SHOULD RESIGN, HIS POSITION IS UNTENABLE - IF HE DOES NOT RESIGN, THEN SACK HIM!
avatar
Rosie
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4358
Registration date : 2008-04-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by clairesy on Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:58 am

Hi Rosie, that's something ive always said,how on earth they allowed him to work on the madeleine case i will never know. The sheer fact that he was due to stand trial should have been enough to suspend him atleast! They got rid of him for mouthing off about British police protecting the mccanns etc etc etc yet they allow him to work on the case in the first place after all he had stacked against him??Hmmmmmmmmmmm

As the 3 hour lunch breaks that doesnt serprise meat all.What would take a normal person 10 mins or so to eat their lunch might very well take a man of his size 3 hours!

Its baffling though how the law there allows such things to happen isnt it. One of the cops from the Joana Cipriano case(think it was that case) went onto to work for a children's charity!!!! and im also pretty sure he wrote a book about the case to while the case was an ongoing investigation.

The books confuse me because although the antis have referred to the fact that the uk as also had books released about cases in the past that have not been solved or are still open , my argument is simply this.................Portugal as a secrecy law that stops information about a case being spoken about,so writing a book about it(especially when your a cop on the case!) is in my book....breaking those secrecy laws!
avatar
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Age : 32
Location : uk
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by clairesy on Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 am

can someone please tel me when the oprah show is due to be shown in the uk...and what channel and what time!!!LO....i know the reconstruction is on channel four Thursday night at 9pm its called..''madeleine was here''

BUT.........when can we expect to see the oprha show on our tv's??
avatar
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Age : 32
Location : uk
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by christabel on Mon May 04, 2009 9:12 am

clairesy wrote:can someone please tel me when the oprah show is due to be shown in the uk...and what channel and what time!!!LO....i know the reconstruction is on channel four Thursday night at 9pm its called..''madeleine was here''

BUT.........when can we expect to see the oprha show on our tv's??

Tomorrow at 8 pm on Diva sky 269 Sorry Claire its Tuesday it is on I was thinking it was Monday yesterday Duh!


Last edited by christabel on Mon May 04, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by clairesy on Mon May 04, 2009 9:16 am

Hi chris, thanks chick i just looked but it doesn't say 8pm...it says tues morning at 10 am....although i don't have diva tv on my sky package, in only have 3 packages and thats not included in my deal so i cant get it.I dont have full sky tv you see,i only subscribe for certain things.Boo hoo
avatar
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Age : 32
Location : uk
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by christabel on Mon May 04, 2009 9:33 am

You should be able to watch it on line I think Claire!
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by clairesy on Mon May 04, 2009 9:39 am

Hi thanks chris,

i don't know how to watch it online,i shall probably have to wait until someone posts it on youtube.Im gutted
avatar
clairesy
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 2698
Age : 32
Location : uk
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by christabel on Mon May 04, 2009 9:45 am

Go on Oprahs site tomorrow and see if its showing. Have you got the link to her site?
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by vee8 on Mon May 04, 2009 5:13 pm

clairesy wrote:Hi thanks chris,

i don't know how to watch it online,i shall probably have to wait until someone posts it on youtube.Im gutted

Why not drop in round a neighbour's, with a plate of milk and cookies?!
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by maria on Mon May 04, 2009 7:39 pm

Oprah's show to be aired after 24:00 today on SIC, here in Portugal.
avatar
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by Pedro Silva on Tue May 05, 2009 7:33 am

Thank you my friend Maria.

Pedro Silva
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 5566
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-10-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by maria on Tue May 05, 2009 9:19 pm

You know, I stayed up to watch the show. It was already subtitled.

But somehow I feel this was done to try to contain damages (the time it was shown) and even to hide bits and pieces. In fact, it was due to start at 00:00 and be shown til 01:00. In fact it started 2 or three minutes later and by 00:45 it was finished. And it was a bit sketchy...

There will be comments today on SIC by the union president, Carlos Anjos, don't know if I'll be able to watch.

RTP1 however is regularly transmitting excerpts of the show on their news news reports.
avatar
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by christabel on Tue May 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Have a read of some of these on Oprah's site. Its heart wrenching!

http://www.oprah.com/article/world/20090424-tows-madeleine-mccann

AND watch some of the video's

http://www.oprah.com/dated/oprahshow/oprahshow-20090424-madeleine-mccann
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by maria on Wed May 06, 2009 7:01 am

Chris

What I was trying to say is that the show here in Portugal was aired and doctored to contain damages, in my opinion. I was in no way reffering the the parents or Oprah to that effect. Even with some 'censored' bits (again, I think), oh yes, I still took a long time to get into my sleep, such was the weight of the stone I had in my heart.
avatar
maria
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 1128
Location : Portugal
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by vee8 on Wed May 06, 2009 7:13 am

I just watched it. my emotions are mixed. I feel the pain and suffering of Kate and Gerry, and total sympathy for them. but I am feeling a growing rage, hatred for the 3arses site for the total CRAP, the sh*tty FILTH they spout, particularly about the lack of emotions. I watched Gerry in the first tv appeal, I HEARD his voice craking, HEARD it, and I saw Kate fighting back the tears. And the arses can't see it? Can't HEAR it?

ARE YOU DEAF, BLIND AND DUMB?

Every time you halfwits open your festering gobs you prove the authors of that book right, you are nothing but IGNORANT YOBS.

The parents are INNOCENT.

DEAL WITH IT, NOW.
avatar
vee8
Grand Member
Grand Member

Number of posts : 3113
Location : suffolk
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.madeleine-adestinybegun.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by christabel on Wed May 06, 2009 7:19 am

maria wrote:Chris

What I was trying to say is that the show here in Portugal was aired and doctored to contain damages, in my opinion. I was in no way reffering the the parents or Oprah to that effect. Even with some 'censored' bits (again, I think), oh yes, I still took a long time to get into my sleep, such was the weight of the stone I had in my heart.

Maria,

Sorry that was not meant as a reply to your post, I was just pointing out the link to some of those threads for watching. Apologies if you thought It was.
avatar
christabel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1637
Age : 68
Location : OK
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by sadie on Wed May 06, 2009 7:26 am

vee8 wrote:I just watched it. my emotions are mixed. I feel the pain and suffering of Kate and Gerry, and total sympathy for them. but I am feeling a growing rage, hatred for the 3arses site for the total CRAP, the sh*tty FILTH they spout, particularly about the lack of emotions. I watched Gerry in the first tv appeal, I HEARD his voice craking, HEARD it, and I saw Kate fighting back the tears. And the arses can't see it? Can't HEAR it?

ARE YOU DEAF, BLIND AND DUMB?

Every time you halfwits open your festering gobs you prove the authors of that book right, you are nothing but IGNORANT YOBS.

The parents are INNOCENT.

DEAL WITH IT, NOW.

Me too

I have a mighty rage at the toe-rags who have abused them

Have learned to swear since the abduction, after 70 years swear free!

Hatred has never been a word in my vocabulary, but I am updating now!....................GRRRR
avatar
sadie
Star Poster
Star Poster

Number of posts : 953
Location : UK
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Oprah Interview 4th May with Kate & Gerry

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum